Options

Sony Vaio 18.4"

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited February 5, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
...or any other widescreen laptop (other than the obvious Macbook Pro-just don't have that kind of money right now)...

Can you guys and gals please steer me in the direction of a true desktop replacement that just "screams" digital photo/multi-media powerhouse?

I kow that's a mouthfull without considering Apple, but I wanted to get some other thoughts. Front running would be the one mentioned in the thread title. Maybe HP's largest behind that one.

Let me have it!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 31, 2009
    You might want to check out the Lenovo W700 series. It's a monster machine that can include a Wacom tablet, dual screen (17" and 10"), quad processor, built-in Pantone screen calibrator, RAID enabled dual hard drives and more. If you add all the bells and whistles, it will cost a lot more than a MacBook Pro, but it's the only notebook model I have seen so far that seems to be specifically designed for graphic artists and photographers.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Be careful with these giant laptops. In my experience with several, they're so big and bulky (not meant to be moved around at all) they really can't take much wear and tear. I've had particularly bad experiences with the 17" HPs. I'm not talking about treating it like a normal laptop either, just occasionally moving it from place to place and the things fell apart. Why not just get a small desktop like a Dell XPS One, an iMac, or one of the mini-tower computers?ne_nau.gif Or get a normal laptop (but still powerful) and a nice external monitor to set up at home.