Options

Continous Lighting

ladee900ladee900 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 31, 2009 in Technique
Please advice I brought JTL 1500 500W Halogen lights off the internet to learn and start photographer. I am getting customers but so frustrated with results I am about to give u the love of my life...photographer. I have very little knowledge of lights? Could someone please recommend how I can get more..i.e book, website, lessons, classes or anything... And should I invest in new light if wishing to seriously presue this as a career, what is suggusted light set?

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    I would recommend one of the first places to stop is Strobist - lots of information that is easily adaptable to different types of lighting.

As for suggested light set - well that would depend on what sort of work you want to do. Starting out with general portrait work, you could do a lot worst then a set of two or three AB800 (http://www.alienbees.com/) with some appropriate modifiers (softboxes, umbrellas, etc).
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited January 31, 2009
    I moved this to Technique because I think this will resolve itself to be how the lights are used rather than what lights are used.

Ladee900, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Do you have any examples of the photos you have taken showing the results you are getting now with these lights?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums