Nikon F Photomic Apollo Value

seaain.grayseaain.gray Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited February 1, 2009 in Cameras
I am considering selling my Nikon F Apollo. I don't want to sell. It's a hardship sale and that never works out very well. Generally I am wondering what fair market value is these days. I sure would appreciate any help you all might give me on this.

The camera works fine. I shot part of my brother's wedding with it a couple of years back and I keep it exercised and well stored when not in use.

The serial number is 7411121. It has a Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 S/N 465324.

The Camera was purchased near the end of production, has had one owner, and I do have the original paperwork and manual for it. The lens glass is flawless. The focus ring is a little "squeeky" but remains smooth and not at all tight.

The camera is close to mint condition. I can only find a couple of small marks here and there. A .5 mm brassy area on an upper corner of the prism where the case tends to rub a little and a faint scratch that is neither deep nor through the finish on the front of the prism.

Overall I think it's about a 9+. Assume it's at least a 9. Happy to tell you more if it will help.

p51433320-4.jpg

Seaain

An rud a líonas an tsúil líonann sé an croí. ~ Irish Proverb.
("What fills the eye fills the heart.")

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 31, 2009
    I recommend using KEH as a guide to pricing used cameras and lenses. Do remember that we are in a recession and that prices for more expensive photography equipment tend to move more slowly during times like these. Then again the original Photomic is often viewed as a classic and a clean copy may find a ready audience.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • seaain.grayseaain.gray Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I recommend using KEH as a guide to pricing used cameras and lenses. Do remember that we are in a recession and that prices for more expensive photography equipment tend to move more slowly during times like these. Then again the original Photomic is often viewed as a classic and a clean copy may find a ready audience.

Thanks Ziggy, much appreciated. I looked at Keh, but cannot find an exact match. It's a good starting place though. Thanks again.

Seaain

An rud a líonas an tsúil líonann sé an croí. ~ Irish Proverb.
    ("What fills the eye fills the heart.")
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Thanks Ziggy, much appreciated. I looked at Keh, but cannot find an exact match. It's a good starting place though. Thanks again.

Seaain

Just call them and ask. It really is the best resource.

Maybe someone here could help as well.
    Tim