Color Problems

AllureAllure Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 4, 2009 in Cameras
im having problems with colors on my camera Nikon D3 which color mode should i use (adobe 1998) or sRGB

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited February 2, 2009
    Allure wrote:
    im having problems with colors on my camera Nikon D3 which color mode should i use (adobe 1998) or sRGB

Allure, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

If you use RAW files you can choose any color workspace and then also choose a different color space in RAW conversion with no penalty.

If you're not sure why you need a color space you are often better off using sRGB by default. sRGB is the only color space understood by most Internet browsers and it is the color space most print services desire and what many require for best results.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    There are a few options for adjusting the color in camera and post processing. I shoot constantly in sRGB and make the small adjustments of hue, saturation in camera.
    I can then make larger adjustments if necessary with photoshop.
    Steve

Website
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I'll be honest, I never shoot in Adobe RGB. There are lots of reasons why, but, simply - it requires more work in converting files later that are easily avoided by shooting sRGB all the time. I am sure others will disagree, but from my own tests, I really can't see a big enough difference to merit shooting Adobe.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    If you don't know the reasons why you woudl shoot one over the other then without question you should be using SRGB.

Why complicate your life.