Would this be hi-key?

TealTeal Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited February 2, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't been around long, but looked at the challenges board and thought it may be fun. Could you tell me if either of these 2 would be hi-key and if so, which you like best.

http://www.nealphotographicdesign.com/photos/445772806_74urE-L.jpg

http://www.nealphotographicdesign.com/photos/445766840_mfEye-L.jpg

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    You will get a better response from everyone if you embed your photos into your message.

I think both are definitely high key. On the second one, you can see a light gray vertical line in the background to the right of the little girl that seems to be where you cropped and moved the photo on the background.

Beautiful little girl with gorgeous eyes. Very, very nice.

Virginia

Email
  • jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    First of all both pics are wonderful. Is that your daughter? If so I hope you have one or both of these framed somewhere in your home! As for being high-key I think both would definitely be considered being high-key. For me I prefer for my high-key images to be even more contrasty and blown out. Here I took the first picture, my personal favorite, with a brightness contrast layer using settings of brightness +60, contrast +70 to blow it out a little more. Great pics, keep it up!

466313872_9E3MZ-L.jpg
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    jrmyrnsm wrote:
    First of all both pics are wonderful. Is that your daughter? If so I hope you have one or both of these framed somewhere in your home! As for being high-key I think both would definitely be considered being high-key. For me I prefer for my high-key images to be even more contrasty and blown out. Here I took the first picture, my personal favorite, with a brightness contrast layer using settings of brightness +60, contrast +70 to blow it out a little more. Great pics, keep it up!

466313872_9E3MZ-L.jpg

I actually like the original better than the blown out version. They are both good, but that hat in #1 is adorable.

Caroline
  • jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    I actually like the original better than the blown out version. They are both good, but that hat in #1 is adorable.

Caroline

Fair enough. Like I said its a personal preference.ne_nau.gif Regardless this is a wonderful capture and one you should really be proud of!
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Both photos are lovely! Either one would be a fine entry for this challenge.

I've seen a number of different takes on what constitutes a high key shot. For me, both the original and the higher contrast version work. In the end it all boils down to personal preference. :D
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    I forgot to say that I like #1 the best. Also like the original version, though the brighter one works too.

Virginia

Email
  • TealTeal Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Thanks. She was a little doll that day. I have a couple more--if you have a chance, let me know which you like best. This will be my first contest wings.gif

http://www.nealphotographicdesign.com/photos/445776156_M2pwr-L.jpg

http://www.nealphotographicdesign.com/photos/445776562_sazUB-L.jpg

and of course with her fake Hannah Montana nails:
    http://www.nealphotographicdesign.com/photos/445773909_J7hix-L.jpg

When I have tried to embed images, it will only let me put one at a time. I may be doing something wrong.

Thanks for all your help.

Christine
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    She's beautiful!

For the contest I think you might want to consider the first shot you posted. Her expression and those huge eyes are mesmerizing. Whether you go with your original processing or add some more contrast as was suggested is entirely up to you. mwink.gif
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    She's beautiful!

For the contest I think you might want to consider the first shot you posted. Her expression and those huge eyes are mesmerizing. Whether you go with your original processing or add some more contrast as was suggested is entirely up to you. mwink.gif

15524779-Ti.gif........btw, she is beautiful!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain