Basketball collage attempt

bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited February 5, 2009 in Sports
After culling as much information from this forum as possible, I have worked out my first crop of basketball collages. Tell me what you think of this sample:

466518918_p5nuP-L.jpg
Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Hey there. I like the layout! Its really nice. The only nit I have is the amount of yellow that I am seeing.....could be my monitor....but besides the bleachers and floor the yellow spills onto the players skin tones. Not quite sure how you would fix that other than decreasing the saturations of the yellows or light brushing a skin tone hue onto the faces.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • sankylersankyler Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 2, 2009
    Hey there. I like the layout! Its really nice. The only nit I have is the amount of yellow that I am seeing.....could be my monitor....but besides the bleachers and floor the yellow spills onto the players skin tones. Not quite sure how you would fix that other than decreasing the saturations of the yellows or light brushing a skin tone hue onto the faces.

Start with white balance adjustments ... take time but well worth it
  • bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Thanks for your help. I have a tough time with white balance in some gyms. After working on the images for a while it's hard to see them objectively. I'll try the balance adjustments. ne_nau.gif
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • zonaphotoszonaphotos Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    What software did you use?
    I like the layout. What software did you use to create it?

Deirdre Calhoun
    www.zonaphotos.com
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    bikingbets wrote:
    After culling as much information from this forum as possible, I have worked out my first crop of basketball collages. Tell me what you think of this sample:

466518918_p5nuP-L.jpg
    Hi,
    Thought i'd poke in even though I'm no artist.. Layout is nice, the only thing that I might fix is the variety of borders on the pictures. The big one is white bordered, the medium one is black bordered, the small pictures have a Huge black border (thinner might be better). Wouldn't it be more cohesive if they were all the same, or the same color at least?
    And do they really go by "Lady Leps"? I think i'd spell out Leopards for those of us who might not think Lep is short for Leopard.
    I have to take basketball pictures in a gym just like this, yellow floor, dark yellow bleachers and the walls are even yellowy green. Fixing the skin tone is a pain for me all the time, despite my attempts at setting the color temp properly. People out there in blue and white gyms just don't know how good they have it.
    The girls will love their posters. and that team shot is super cute!
    anna
    edited February 5, 2009
    zonaphotos wrote:
    I like the layout. What software did you use to create it?

Deirdre Calhoun
    www.zonaphotos.com

Thanks for the comment. I used Microsoft Picture It Publishing Platinum for this. I believe they've stopped making it, so I'm hoping my computer with Windows XP lasts a while longer as it's not compatible with Vista.
    edited February 5, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    Hi,
    Thought i'd poke in even though I'm no artist.. Layout is nice, the only thing that I might fix is the variety of borders on the pictures. The big one is white bordered, the medium one is black bordered, the small pictures have a Huge black border (thinner might be better). Wouldn't it be more cohesive if they were all the same, or the same color at least?
    And do they really go by "Lady Leps"? I think i'd spell out Leopards for those of us who might not think Lep is short for Leopard.
    I have to take basketball pictures in a gym just like this, yellow floor, dark yellow bleachers and the walls are even yellowy green. Fixing the skin tone is a pain for me all the time, despite my attempts at setting the color temp properly. People out there in blue and white gyms just don't know how good they have it.
    The girls will love their posters. and that team shot is super cute!
    anna

Thanks for the kind words and the tips. I'll put black around the team image and see how it looks.
    Yes, they really do go by "Lady Leps." But they are not leppers. rolleyes1.gif

It's good to know that I'm not the only one fighting yellow in a gym!

LET's go Leps
    Let's GO Leps
    Let's go LEPS!