Lax is back!

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in Sports
Just a couple of shots for no purpose other than to celebrate the return of the lacrosse season.

These are from Middle Tennessee State's game against Kennesaw State this past weekend.

Everyone was a little rusty, including the photographer. I forgot to take my stool and rediscovered that just as I can't chew gum and walk at the same time - I can't switch between the 400mm on the monopod and the 70-200mm on the ground unless I'm sitting down!

Click on image for EXIF

466589418_oHSy3-L.jpg

466590137_xGVeX-L.jpg

466589638_jfWkp-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Shots look good Kent, and I feel your pain over the stool. I have forgotten mine in the past too and I'm getting to old to be getting up and down all the time.
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    Just a couple of shots for no purpose other than to celebrate the return of the lacrosse season.

These are from Middle Tennessee State's game against Kennesaw State this past weekend.

Everyone was a little rusty, including the photographer. I forgot to take my stool and rediscovered that just as I can't chew gum and walk at the same time - I can't switch between the 400mm on the monopod and the 70-200mm on the ground unless I'm sitting down!
    nice shots just for warming up. You can even see that guy's face when it's bright and sunny out.

Do you actually drop the 400/camera to the ground to pick up the other camera when you do remember your chair? Doesn't it get grass/mud/bugs in it? I just have one camera so not a problem, but I always wondered what other people do. I tried watching those NFL guys but they seem to have minions.

Lax starts for me on Saturday. the first game was cancelled because the field was wet (it's California... can't play when the grass might get hurt).
    woo hoo!
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    nice shots just for warming up. You can even see that guy's face when it's bright and sunny out.

Do you actually drop the 400/camera to the ground to pick up the other camera when you do remember your chair?
    No, when I'm sitting on my stool, I'm able to wrap one leg around the monopod, locking it with my knee and ankle. This allows me to free up both hands. I can then pick up the other camera with the 70-200mm.

I also have become adept at using my head to push the 400 out of the way if I need to. headscratch.gif

It's kind of like some sort of yoga exercise, but it works.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    No, when I'm sitting on my stool, I'm able to wrap one leg around the monopod, locking it with my knee and ankle. This allows me to free up both hands. I can then pick up the other camera with the 70-200mm.

I also have become adept at using my head to push the 400 out of the way if I need to. headscratch.gif

It's kind of like some sort of yoga exercise, but it works.
    If it's only for a shot or two I will hold my 400 (similar to Kent) while I use the 70-200, if it's for a series or two I usually set the 400 down (as long as it's not muddy.)
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    Yes let's CELEBRATE. I'm a week behind you, but the Ivy scrims are out of uniform, kinda scruffy in general. Nevertheless, I can't wait for Saturday 2/7. clap.gif