Options

Preview of a wedding post...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in Weddings
No set up photos really, just whetting your appetite....

When I get finished with the processing I'll share more, but for now:

1. Krista and Einar
466133988_YNUXQ-M-1.jpg

2.466135502_rxZ78-M-1.jpg

(It has been slow around the wedding forum, so I thought I might help things out.......)

C&C always adored.:D

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Are you gellin' like a felon?:D
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    I think Nik is influencing this board too much rolleyes1.gif Nice photos ... Wanna see more! :eat
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Are you gellin' like a felon?:D

Working on it! I still think I could use some more practice... and expertise... but at least it is in my thoughts while I am shooting. I am having trouble seeing the "greens" until post.... Interesting that in one room of the reception I had some major differences between one side of a room to the other. I just figured that folks could see it with their eyes as well and it would all come out in the wash.

(& I think it is still legal up here...But if it wasn't I could join the ranks of the felonious women.... wow!)
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I think Nik is influencing this board too much rolleyes1.gif Nice photos ... Wanna see more! :eat

Influenced by Nik? Who me?

Ah hah! Can't take the torture, huh!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Working on it! I still think I could use some more practice... and expertise... but at least it is in my thoughts while I am shooting. I am having trouble seeing the "greens" until post.... Interesting that in one room of the reception I had some major differences between one side of a room to the other. I just figured that folks could see it with their eyes as well and it would all come out in the wash.

(& I think it is still legal up here...But if it wasn't I could join the ranks of the felonious women.... wow!)

I have found it to be pretty common...especially in rooms with large windows during daylight hours to have huge extremes in color temp throughout the room. You can't go wrong if you light your subjects a tad warmer than the ambient....but sometimes you just have to pick your poison. The off camera flash and warmth look pretty good to me....especially knowing that you are holding out on us!!!mwink.gif

...right?rolleyes1.gif

BTW...the groom looks a teeny bit like Sting.
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

BTW...the groom looks a teeny bit like Sting.

Ha ha! And I think he looks like Liev Schreiber

http://www.lievschreiber.org/gallery_other.shtml
  • Options
    NateWagnerNateWagner Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I dunno, I personally think he looks more like Simon Pegg.

I like the shots... I like the warmth of them. Very nice :)
    Thanks,
    -Nate

Equipment
    Canon Stuff (and third party stuff as well)
    Tampa Bay Wedding Photography
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    The influence of NIK :D:D:D.....no, not Darth Nik either.....hehe....maybe a control point or two, darken lighten center.....Nice job Fred....now, stop teasing and let's see some more. :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    The influence of NIK :D:D:D.....no, not Darth Nik either.....hehe....maybe a control point or two, darken lighten center.....Nice job Fred....now, stop teasing and let's see some more. :D
    Since this thread has been bouncing all over the place, I don't feel too bad asking, "What's with this "FRED" thing?"
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    English please?

(What the heck was all that stuff you just said? Remember....self taught? This is the part where that continues with your help.)
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2009
    Since this thread has been bouncing all over the place, I don't feel too bad asking, "What's with this "FRED" thing?"

It could have something to do with this thread....
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104139

And it never stops. I still can't wrap my brain around "Dave". Maybe if he comes up here and I actually meet him I'll get it. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    English please?

(What the heck was all that stuff you just said? Remember....self taught? This is the part where that continues with your help.)

OK...translation: NIK filters for Photoshop. Within the package of Color Efex Pro (by NIK software) is a filter called "Darken/Lighten Center". When using this filter, one may choose where the center is, the center's luminocity, and the border's luminocity, including the shape of the light. In essence you can make one of the area of the photo brighter than the others as though you shot it that way with a strobe set up. That is one of many filters included in the NIK plugin package.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    OK...translation: NIK filters for Photoshop. Within the package of Color Efex Pro (by NIK software) is a filter called "Darken/Lighten Center". When using this filter, one may choose where the center is, the center's luminocity, and the border's luminocity, including the shape of the light. In essence you can make one of the area of the photo brighter than the others as though you shot it that way with a strobe set up. That is one of many filters included in the NIK plugin package.

Aaaah! The many benefits of hanging out with people with lots of brains. Thanks!

And I just did it with strobes. (Eh, the one time I managed to do it in REAL LIFE. And you tell me I could have done it without?mwink.gifrofl)

Back to editing. Actually I am stalling because Lightroom was just delivered and I am not excited to learn new software... OK! OK! I'll crack the whip on myself. (That will be interesting)