Bruised and Broken (Warning: Graphic Content)

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in People
Remember the beautiful Phane from last week? After a few hours of looking pretty, we'd both had about enough, so we moved on to the second part of our shoot. The original concept did tie these two parts together, but the evening was too cold outside for us to bring the full idea to fruition, so we stayed inside for studio work and simply had some fun.

Yes, this is the same girl... :wink

466706571_kDvgT-L.jpg

466707486_6QzcL-L.jpg

466708772_sfEie-L.jpg

466710677_2YzX7-L.jpg

466710198_MKCoE-L.jpg

466705761_SSfZ5-L.jpg

466704117_WQ4KY-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb And, again, apologies for any resulting nightmares. :D

Comments

• CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    I really like the colours, the harsh lighting, the hole in the hose at her left toes. Interesting set. My fave has got to be the first.
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • frelfrel Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    #4 is very disturbing ... but I like it ... am I disturbed ? :patch

I like #1 too but #6 seems a little off probably due to the make-up that becomes visible probably also because of the smile that is too nice to either be in the set or be simply connected to the make-up ...

Overall I like what's going on there even though it is not my style in general
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    #4 is spot on to me, as her strength of pose is in keeping with the theme. In the others, to me, she seems to have too much power in the stance/poise and it belies the "broken' aspect. Just my .02 worth...
    -mrlassiter

P.s. I like the theme overall, and the colors and technical shooting are great.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Thanks, all. :D

We started somber and on theme, but she'd had just about enough of somber from the first half of the shoot and just wanted to move. It forced me to remove the grid from my light because she kept wiggling out of the spot. :giggle

Ah, well. The results were interesting, if not quite what I went in hoping to get. thumb.gif
  • JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    These are fantastic! I love the processing and would love to be able to talk someone into letting me do this type of theme. :) #2 is my favorite. Thanks for sharing these!!
    Jeri

www.jeriamrinephotography.com

Gear: Canon XTi, some Canon lenses, a few filters, lights and other gadgets I'm not quite sure how to use...yet!

Always wanting new glass....

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Ok, these ARE officially creepy ;)

For the "doll" idea, I think I like the one in the suitcase the best - it's the one that best gets the idea of her being a bit inanimate and bendy-in-all-the-wrong-places like a doll.

Beautiful work, as always!
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Very nice indeed! Good capture of emotions and good make-up.. technicaly very good.

Love torn up pictures :D Hope that this is not a case outside the photo?...
    edited February 3, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    For the "doll" idea, I think I like the one in the suitcase the best - it's the one that best gets the idea of her being a bit inanimate and bendy-in-all-the-wrong-places like a doll.

I totally agree with you--that was about the fifth shot in or so (notice the light is still gridded). Right after the suitcase, she was done with sitting still. Only got two shots all nice and moody/creepy: the legs in the other post and this suitcase. I would have loved to keep the whole set like that. mwink.gif
    Arvan wrote:
    Love torn up pictures :D Hope that this is not a case outside the photo?...

Thanks, Arvan. And I'm with you; I also love torn-up pictures, but I worry what that says about me outside photography. lol3.gif Amazingly, I've found a few more models who really want to do this type of shoot. I guess they get tired of being so darned pretty all the time. mwink.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    what that says about me outside photography. lol3.gif Amazingly, I've found a few more models who really want to do this type of shoot. I guess they get tired of being so darned pretty all the time. mwink.gif

So, just how do you go about approaching someone to do a shoot like this? Hey, wanna get some holes in your pantyhose and then pretend to be all kinds of creepy? I can just picture it.:giggle

I really like these! And I want to try some now too! *wheels rolling*

My fav of the set is the suitcase one. And I love how her head seems to be a little big for her body. It really lends itself to the doll look.
    edited February 3, 2009
    So, just how do you go about approaching someone to do a shoot like this? Hey, wanna get some holes in your pantyhose and then pretend to be all kinds of creepy? I can just picture it.:giggle

Ha! Actually, she approached me about photos and mentioned wanting to do something like this, which of course I was totally into. :D I usually ask a model if there are any ideas he or she wants to shoot; sometimes they have a couple really cool concepts that I just take on. Other times, they've got nothing, just want to shoot, so I propose something outlandish like the broken doll, and the girls at least get really excited about the idea.

The next one I specifically asked if she had an old white blouse she was getting ready to toss because I'd like to actually get the shirt bloody. mwink.gif Her shoot is going to be loads of fun! And hopefully more in line with my original thinking.

Part of the head looking bigger is plain ol' lens distortion from using my ultra-wide. thumb.gif
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Wow. What a transformation! I like it!! :) Creepy yet very cool.

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see something different like this. :D

-- Lisa P.