DSS18 Help please

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I seem to be struggling with this one....lack of time, creative block, all the excuses! These are a few of what I have been able to shoot this past week, any worth pursuing?

1.464306764_VtFZx-L.jpg

2.464306779_RD3Sb-L.jpg

3.464306784_WQ4BM-M.jpg

I tried some low key ideas today, but they totally sucked! So this is what I have so far....all C&C is most appreciative, be it good or bad! Thanks! Karin

ETA
I decided to throw in one of my low key tries to see what you all think...
4.466805990_kbJkn-M-1.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    #3 has the most potential for high key. But could use some additional adjustments through Photoshop. If you googled "high key photoshop tutorial" you'll come up with sites that will show you different methods of getting a high key effect in your photos. mwink.gif

#4 has potential for low key but the lighter areas of her face look a bit too bright to me. ne_nau.gif But that's probably just me.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    #3 has the most potential for high key. But could use some additional adjustments through Photoshop.

#4 has potential for low key but the lighter areas of her face look a bit too bright to me.

Mee Too!

I think 3 has potential and wonder how the color-version would work, or could be worked?

#4 is a mixed key image. And while that is desirable for dramatic effects, it may not be your desire here?!

tom
    tom wise
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    #3 with some brightening of her face would look very nice. thumb.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I'm going with the consensus. #3 looks like it has the most potential but probably needs some adjustments.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 3, 2009
    hmm...I like #1 for high key.thumb.gif
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I think if you lightened the face and especially the eyes/eye-sockets in No3 it'd be a lovely high-key shot.

Tim
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Thanks everyone for all of your input! It is so very helpful! And Linda thank you for the google tips, that did help, and I am playing around with #3 to see if I can't get it right (unfortunately I only have an outdated elments 2 to work with, which is lacking many needed features:cry)...hopefully in the near future I can get a better program)
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain