A's Senior Portraits

JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited February 5, 2009 in People
I did a senior portrait session over the weekend and I'd like to share a few. Any C&C is welcome. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
#1<o:p></o:p>
466749762_urwhX-L-1.jpg<o:p></o:p>
#2<o:p></o:p>
466755550_a46Qj-L-1.jpg<o:p></o:p>
#3<o:p></o:p>
466754020_WUkAX-L-1.jpg<o:p></o:p>
#4<o:p></o:p>
466749157_GCBQV-L-1.jpg<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for looking!!
Jeri

www.jeriamrinephotography.com

Gear: Canon XTi, some Canon lenses, a few filters, lights and other gadgets I'm not quite sure how to use...yet!

Always wanting new glass....

Comments

• fjf511fjf511 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I liked #2 the best but, loved that attitude in #4:D
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I'm not a big fan of the vest. It seems a little tight in these poses and just comes off as unflattering.

I like the last pose the best. I'd be interested in seeing that one in color.
  • JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, all.

Mitch, here is the last pose in color. I think it looks a little pink on the monitor I am on today, so I may need to correct that.

466754294_UTqAR-L-1.jpg
    Jeri

Gear: Canon XTi, some Canon lenses, a few filters, lights and other gadgets I'm not quite sure how to use...yet!

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    All the color shots look a bit pink to me as well. I ran into similar problem and finally broke donw and ordered HW monitor calibration. I like shot #1 the best overall thumb.gif I like the face on shot 2 but t-shirt is not very flattering.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    In my opinion...

#1 - My favorite of the set. My only comment is I wished the hair would have been off her face.

#2 - Not a very flattering pose for her.

#3 - Fun shot but I agree with Mitchell that the vest seems too tight and is not very flattering. BTW - the vest does not bother in #1.

#4 - The pose here does a lot better job of making her look better. I prefer the color version of #4 mainly because the PP of the BW version is not to my taste.

Do you have others to share?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    clap.gif You did good on these! :D
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    If you crop #2 closer, you get past the unflattering t-shirt problem. She's a pretty girl and looks like she has a fun personality. I think you'd get great outdoor photos of her if you were to have the chance to shoot again.

Over all, it's a cute set.

Caroline
  • JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Thanks, all! Very excellent feedback! I will get the chance to do outdoor shots with her when the weather warms up. I am very excited about that since I struggle with indoor shots so much. We were just trying to get a decent shot to use for the yearbook. I left them uncropped b/c we hadn't decided which ones were going to be used. Her t-shirt is the name of her brother's band and those were just for personal use. :)
    Jeri