Options

Arched!!!!

DerweissehaiDerweissehai Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited February 18, 2009 in Go Figure
3048595119_6e320211ef_b.jpg

Dug this one up from last year. Still a fav of mine.
7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8
Model Site/Portrait Site/Flcikr/MM

Adam

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Why has no one commented yet? Anyway, I really like this. The shadows are great. I'm not completely sure about the crop. I think maybe the space on the right by her feet makes me feel more like her head is being chopped off at the other end. A closer crop would feel more like she's filling the frame. Having said that, I 'm not sure I'd change it. It all depends on the artist here.

Caroline
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I like the blended shadows in this shot. But I am not too sure if the large amount of empty space is helping this.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2009
    Thank you both. Was going for the empty space. Probably my fav shot from that session.
    7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8

Adam
  • Options
    lahefelahefe Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 14, 2009
    Thank you both. Was going for the empty space. Probably my fav shot from that session.

love it, very artistic, I do wish she wasn't headless but I really like the lines and the lighting in this.
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2009
    lahefe wrote:
    love it, very artistic, I do wish she wasn't headless but I really like the lines and the lighting in this.

These are part of a mystery model series I am working on. Thank you for the comment.

Adam
  • Options
    piercingperceptionspiercingperceptions Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    I like that there is not face to look at. It makes you look at the lines of her body opposed to her face which everyone is drawn to immediately when looking at photos of people. Great conscious choice.

I think the empty space creates a dynamic background that sets her apart quite nicely while also framing her as well. The one thing that is throwing me off is the fact that her right knee is almost dead center so you get drawn into that point easier than focusing on the lovely space, and lines her arched back makes. Great idea for a series.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2009
    I like that there is not face to look at. It makes you look at the lines of her body opposed to her face which everyone is drawn to immediately when looking at photos of people. Great conscious choice.

I think the empty space creates a dynamic background that sets her apart quite nicely while also framing her as well. The one thing that is throwing me off is the fact that her right knee is almost dead center so you get drawn into that point easier than focusing on the lovely space, and lines her arched back makes. Great idea for a series.

Thank you. Actaully looking for more models to help out with the series. Don't want to keep using the same models over and over.

Adam