a literal approach, I think

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm usually just a lurker in these parts, but occasionally I join in the fun. This very literal idea popped into my head when I saw "low-key," and ideas don't often pop into my head, so I had to try something. I'm afraid it's rather boring compared to so many here, and it could use some better execution, but...is this an idea worth working on, or should I go back to lurkdom? I've also considered trying to show some motion by depressing some of the keys...perhaps just one...low...key. :rolleyes:D

467081192_ZwCE9-XL.jpg

Edit: ACK! I'm second guessing this post. Non-literal is so much more interesting.
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    as a image in-itself? i think its beautiful....

Hey, I saw your first post! What happened to that one? mwink.gif And I agreed with it...I think this will just sit. And I will probably move right along...back to the people forum! rolleyes1.gif
    Elaine

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Hey, I saw your first post! What happened to that one? mwink.gif And I agreed with it...I think this will just sit. And I will probably move right along...back to the people forum! rolleyes1.gif
    Elaine! I love having you here! Someone I know! Come on! Don't give up!
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I really like this, literal isn't bad at all. If you wanted to get lower keys, maybe you could reshoot in portrait with the keys only filling the lower third of the composition. I wish I had the time to do the challenges but architecture school consumes all of my time :cry
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I think it is a splendid idea and photo!thumb.gif

This one/idea for a shot/angle, etc is one that deserves more work. What you have here is a lovely beginning,....and Just from this wonderful beginning it doesn't look like it would take much to push this to the top!
    tom wise
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    I like this. It's technically a low key shot, plus the addition of the literal "low key". One thing I think would greatly improve this though, is having that one key that's in focus (or one close to it) and depressed, but without seeing a finger or hand.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Elaine wrote:

no quiting. i didnt say anything that should discourage you... i just said the piano shots keep coming back but they dont seem to impress the voters... but i got flamed so bad last time when i said that i decided i better just delete and leave my other opinion...thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 3, 2009
    no quiting. i didnt say anything that should discourage you... i just said the piano shots keep coming back but they dont seem to impress the voters... but i got flamed so bad last time when i said that i decided i better just delete and leave my other opinion...thumb.gif

I missed all the flaming about piano shots! No worries from me. I didn't find what you said discouraging. Just honest, and I mostly agreed. Thanks for the input!
    Elaine

edited February 3, 2009
    I like this. It's technically a low key shot, plus the addition of the literal "low key". One thing I think would greatly improve this though, is having that one key that's in focus (or one close to it) and depressed, but without seeing a finger or hand.

Thanks. Yes, a depressed key without seeing any fingers was what I was thinking as well. We'll see if I can muster it up.
    Elaine

edited February 3, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    I think it is a splendid idea and photo!thumb.gif

This one/idea for a shot/angle, etc is one that deserves more work. What you have here is a lovely beginning,....and Just from this wonderful beginning it doesn't look like it would take much to push this to the top!

Thank you very much for the positive outlook!
    Elaine