Sunset

CanonKidCanonKid Banned Posts: 23 Big grins
edited February 3, 2009 in Landscapes
I went out last night and got a couple good sunset shots but this one is the best.

IMG_2548.jpg

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    How far did you push the saturation? It looks like you have a bit of color noise as a result. Other than that, this is pretty good.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • CanonKidCanonKid Banned Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    How far did you push the saturation? It looks like you have a bit of color noise as a result. Other than that, this is pretty good.

Do you mean on the camera?
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    CanonKid wrote:
    Do you mean on the camera?

Maybe. But I was thinking about your post-processing. I may be wrong about the color noise. It's hard to tell with a re-sized picture. Feel free to ignore me. Most people do. rolleyes1.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited February 3, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Maybe. But I was thinking about your post-processing. I may be wrong about the color noise. It's hard to tell with a re-sized picture. Feel free to ignore me. Most people do. rolleyes1.gif

Hah, no I think if I were to ignore you I'd be a fool, I might be missing out on something. Well on the camera I set the saturation all the way to the right. I think it was also shot at a high ISO setting, I dont recall how high. ne_nau.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 3, 2009
    Great shot. Was that taken with the 24-105mm lens?

-joel
    edited February 3, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Great shot. Was that taken with the 24-105mm lens?

-joel

Yes sir.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 3, 2009
    CanonKid wrote:
    Yes sir.

Really? That's interesting because the EXIF info says it was shot with the 70-200 F2.8 IS on a regular old first generation 5D. It was also shot at ISO100, in camera RAW. Date it was shot says 1/03/08. Of course the date could be wrong on the camera I suppose. But there's an awful lot that doesn't add up here. Also, the EXIF on your two other pictures posted on Dgrin says they were shot with a Canon Xti. headscratch.gif
    edited February 3, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Really? That's interesting because the EXIF info says it was shot with the 70-200 F2.8 IS on a regular old first generation 5D. It was also shot at ISO100, in camera RAW. Date it was shot says 1/03/08. Of course the date could be wrong on the camera I suppose. But there's an awful lot that doesn't add up here. Also, the EXIF on your two other pictures posted on Dgrin says they were shot with a Canon Xti. headscratch.gif

My friend has that gear.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    wild image. get that image ready for market. telecomm loves to flawnt images of their stuff... i know this as fact.
    Aaron Nelson