#18 possible entries ...

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Once again I was stumped for what to do. However, I think I may have found my low key's. What do you think?

3254136062_c2bb44a5ea.jpg?v=0

3253396291_a06191e64f.jpg?v=0

And if I can't get to shoot anything else, I shall cut it fine and enter one of these.
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Both are lovely photos of a lovely young woman. For me, #2 works best for low key.

If you have time, you might try another with the same lighting without her hand on her shoulder. On my moniter, at least, that hand is picking up too much light and drawing attention away from her face.

Quality work, as usual!

Virginia

Email
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    Could be my PP. Soft light usually picks up the highlights alot.
    I'll see what I can do about a re-shoot if my daughter is willing.

Thanks FG.
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    These are beautiful... Lovely girl and light.
    When you reshoot you might consider going without the headband. It was a little distracting as well. Love the processing.
    edited February 4, 2009
    These are beautiful... Lovely girl and light.
    When you reshoot you might consider going without the headband. It was a little distracting as well. Love the processing.

I thought exactly the same when I was PP-ing! Kids hey! lol
    I also felt the folds in the curtains distracted me a little too. I felt a black bg would have been better.

Thanks Heather thumb.gif

Of course there's always this one, but is it really high key? Hmmmmm ne_nau.gif

3253312199_2b1aa4125c.jpg?v=0

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    I don't know if this one of the little girl is high key enough for the judges, but it sure is a beautiful photograph.

Virginia

Email
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    I love all of the images. But the second one would get my vote. Lovely job. I don't think you need to change anything. It's unique and quite lovely.
    edited February 4, 2009
    :) Thank you Jonathan.
    i might still have to use one yet. We'll have to see if my kids will co-operate lol

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I love #1. Great job.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!