Ch 39: is any of this "worthy"?

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Living in socal 'burbs does not leave too many chances for a nice clouds or a rain, all we have is a clear blue sky and a very harsh light..

So I thought maybe this could be good for SoCal Weather report with the forecast being" clear, sunny, 90+".

Tell me what do you think - any of these pics have any chance to compete?

"Noon in the park" (Challenge topic: "Hot for the rest of the week"):

22770850-L.jpg

"Pool season" (Challenge topic: "Outdoor pools water temperature: 80 and raising"):

22770898-L.jpg

Both taken with Sony 828, processed in PS CS2.

Thank you for looking!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Nik, I was thinking of the same challenge--no clouds, and thought of the tree idea. Haven't done it. Nice, I think it came out well. I was thinking palm tree, maybe more socal.

The pool shot looks very centered and posed.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Thanks, David!
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nik, I was thinking of the same challenge--no clouds, and thought of the tree idea. Haven't done it. Nice, I think it came out well. I was thinking palm tree, maybe more socal.

The pool shot looks very centered and posed.
    Appreciate the feedback!

I learned one thing from my recent attempts - lots of NDs (I used f/8 @ x8 + x4 + CP for a tree shot) actually affect wb significantly. I didn't shoot in raw, so it "cost" me some work in PS to get it back. Next time I'll be sure to use custom wb with my foam cup first...

HTH
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    all we have is a clear blue sky

Are you trying to rub that in? I can send you some of our clouds and rain and bad weather. We have more than enough to share.rolleyes1.gif

Nice shots. I like the first one for the challenge.

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    No' I'm not
    Are you trying to rub that in? I can send you some of our clouds and rain and bad weather. We have more than enough to share.rolleyes1.gif

Nice shots. I like the first one for the challenge.

Tim
    But when I was trying to figure out what to shoot for the challenge I realized that a great climate has its cons: tough to find dramatic scenes to shoot..

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers!1drink.gif