Need some serious help with self portrait! plz help me

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited February 4, 2009 in People
I need some good selfportraits . . So here we go!

I tried to do something that show my dedication to music..Think i naild my thumb instead of good photos!

I think you guys know what im looking for here. Note that these images are not the fina product, just to show you guys what im looking for..SO YOU CAN HELP ME! :D

I think i can do these better if someone else took the actual photo..you guys should see my setup for this!
Me posing on a stool, camera on a tripod. 430ex on camera...Reach out and try to hit the right focus on the ipod. Then..Strike a pose and whith my right and armed with a gorillapod..Snap the picture!

The posing..Fine i know its hard! but to get the exposure the way i want is not the easy deal..Ipod screen nice and bright..my mug a tad darker and perfekt out of focus..I didn´t get neither of that..So some pp had to be done.

I need some reading on how to get a good exposure with flash i know..But will the concept itself work?

1. To shallow DOF and the cord is not working for me..Need to get this better!

467754052_Ey2Vv-XL.jpg

2. cord not working..and the ipod is not right!...Exposure is off...Think i got a deasent pose ? :wink

467753718_Jz4mS-XL.jpg

3. This one is just...i dont know..Playing arround :D everything failed on this one..So i just played with another pic i took couple of days ago when i was darn angry after a visit to the dentist ... 500 dollars in surgery is needed..CRAP!

467754348_b9a9u-XL.jpg

someone plz call 911...We got a noob over here!

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    heh..I think they work as is. thumb.gif

wrt to help on flash and exposure..I am guessing you want to get more light on yourself vs the ipod in the 1st pic for example? I think that will be difficult with on camera flash. My 1st thought son getting around this if indeed you are trying to balance out the light in foregorund vs background:

1) don't use the flash..setup ambient lights if you got them.

2) need to move the flash off camera to hit the background and maybe use flash light to light your ipod.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com