My Mona Lisa

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited February 5, 2009 in People
Wanted to see what others felt about this shot. She always blows me away but then again I am biased being Grampa D300 50mm f1.8 1/1250 ISO 200
467971578_A5fNi-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Wanted to see what others felt about this shot. She always blows me away but then again I am biased being Grampa D300 50mm f1.8 1/1250 ISO 200

Nice light...nice pose...the image is a little soft. I would focus on the eyes...and try to get them as sharp as possible. I like what you are doing. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    She is beautiful. Your own Mona Lisa indeed!! How old is she?

The softness doesn't bother me - it fits with the mood and the lighting.

While it is always best to have the eyes sharply in focus, it isn't always possible when you are photographing a child in her environment unless she is really into posing and having her picture taken. If she is anything like my granddaughter (4 1/2), she is not one to pose. I get looks similar to the expression on your granddaughter's face that mean, "I'm getting tired of having that camera pointed at me. Put it down and play with me!".

Looking forward to seeing more pix of her.

Virginia

Email
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    It was a snapshot moment I was taking shots of her little brother and turned around to take a couple of her. She is always has a pretty serious look to her. If she was asked to pose for me she would have gave me a popeye face.
    She is 2.5 years
    Thank you for the comments
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/