Options

FS: 2004 Mac PowerBook 15" (aluminum)

cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited February 5, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
ITEM IS NOW SOLD

Hello everyone,

I am selling a 2004 Mac PowerBook 15". This is the aluminum model.

Asking $500 USD - includes paypal and shipping to anywhere in Canada or US lower 48

It's in perfect working order, nothing wrong with it at all. I take very good care of everything I own, and this is no different. Comes from a smoke-free and 1-small-dog home. Cosmetically, there are a couple of very small (ballpoint head-size; you can see them in the photos) scuffs on the lid as per any 4 year old computer, but no dints, dings, or anything else.

Specs:
1 Ghz processor
1 Gb RAM (2 x 512mb)
80 Gb HD (HD is only 3 years old)
nearly-new battery that's less than 1 year old (only 41 charge cycles on it)

Features:
FireWire 800 and 400 (useful for backing up to a FW HD or using a FW card reader)
2 USBs
optical in and out
s-video
CD R/W, DVD R

It's a great computer, with more features than today's MacBooks (FireWire 800 for example) but I am selling it because I have 4 other macs (!), 3 of them laptops, and this one won't fit the bill for Aperture 2.

Where I see this being a great fit is for a student, or as a general purpose computer not needing the processing speed of today's computers. Other than the processor, the specs compete with any of today's machines, and you get the build quality and screen size of a PowerBook.

I run Office, iWork, iLife, Photoshop and have run big pro apps like Logic Pro on it routinely, and it performed flawlessly. I will be wiping it clean prior to shipping, so an OS and any desired programs will be your responsibility. This computer is and has always been free of viruses or anything of the sort. The original HD bit the dust three years ago, which is why I replaced it with a new one ($500 expense).

Comes with the included power cord, manuals and most of the documentation, as well as a custom fit, protective sheepskin wrap for use when in transit.

468083165_fu9ei-O.jpg
468083200_NL8tS-O.jpg
468083176_b8qav-O.jpg
468083186_ouqMK-O.jpg
CW
(shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L