My first Bay order has finally arrived!

Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited February 12, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just got home from campus and guess what was sitting at my front door! :barb So, I picked it up and brought it inside all excited, until I noticed that it had been opened and resealed with tape that stated "Customs Inspected" on it. I started to think, great, someone at customs got their fingerprints all over my images. So, I opened the package and to my shock/amazement, all my prints were shrink wrapped together and nice and protected from the greasy/dirty fingers of the people at customs! :clap So, I cracked them open and was blown away! The print quality, wow, I can't put into words accurately enough how I feel about the difference between Costco -> EZPrints -> Bay Photo. I was stunned/speechless! The 8x10 giclee canvas board I ordered was simply amazing, it's now making me want to order a couple 24x36 giclee canvas'! Oh to have the money! Also, the 8x10 giclee watercolour I ordered too was simply phenomenal! The print quality and texture and colour and just everything about the giclee's are well worth the money and the extra wait time!

My girlfriend is going to be very happy with her two valentine's day gifts (the canvas and the watercolour).

I also ordered a bunch of 4x6 prints to test out the different paper types for my different shooting subjects. All I have to say is, if you liked the metallic prints from EZ Prints then you'll LOVE the metallic prints from Bay. I feel that they're night and day when you compare the two! Metallic has to be my favorite paper type now, it can really make the right kind of image come alive and is simply stunning with black and whites. The luster and gloss are really nice too, but wowsers that metallic is insane!

So, all in all I'm very very very pleased with the output from Bay. All the images came colour corrected by them even though I had colour corrected them myself on a calibrated screen. They did a great job, one of the images I had printed was the one from the Special Bond thread in the whipping post that I couldn't seem to get rid of the green cast. The prints didn't show any sign of that dreaded green cast. I'm thoroughly impressed!

So, Bay photo will now be getting all of my print orders from now on. All I can say is thank you SmugMug for partnering with them and I'm very happy to associate my business both with you and Bay Photo. :bow

FYI: I ordered Thursday January 29th, it shipped Monday February 2nd, and I recieved it on Thursday February 5th. I would have had it on the 4th but for some reason it got held up at customs. I also shipped it via international economy which is 2nd business day via UPS.
Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Hi Kyle

Any extra brokerage fees???

ann
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi Kyle

Any extra brokerage fees???

ann

None that I'm aware of, unless UPS sends me one in the mail down the road. I haven't dealt with UPS enough to know how they deal with brokerage fees if you aren't home when they deliver the package.
    Kyle D.

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    None that I'm aware of, unless UPS sends me one in the mail down the road. I haven't dealt with UPS enough to know how they deal with brokerage fees if you aren't home when they deliver the package.

My experience - they don't deliver! Sounds good, like maybe International Economy is the ticket!

Thanks!
    edited February 5, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My experience - they don't deliver! Sounds good, like maybe International Economy is the ticket!

Thanks!

Not, a problem and glad I can help.
    Kyle D.

• lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Thanks for posting the update, Kyle.

Maybe the Customs staff were just as excited to see how the photos from Bay were as we all are?? ;) Glad to hear nothing was damaged in the process!!

-- Lisa P.
    edited February 7, 2009
    lisap wrote:
    Thanks for posting the update, Kyle.

Maybe the Customs staff were just as excited to see how the photos from Bay were as we all are?? ;) Glad to hear nothing was damaged in the process!!

-- Lisa P.

The update was my pleasure, I mean it was the least I could do for bothering everyone so much as I was impatiently waiting for my order!
    Kyle D.

• kiz5kiz5 Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    I was worried about shipping times with Bay. Now that I know this, I'm switching my stuff over to them.

Thanks!