My Wife

2»

Comments

• NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    lisap wrote:
    #1 is my fav. Love it! :D The one your wife ended up picking is probably my least favourite of the bunch as well.

It's funny though. One thing I've noticed happens quite a bit since I started doing portraits, is that people pick totally different pictures than I'd pick of them. ne_nau.gif I guess it's just how we see ourselves compared to how others see us.

-- Lisa P.
    Not to hijack a thread, but.....

Has anyone tried to present an image of a person to them with it horizontally flipped? This might help people find an image they are familiar with that could then be swapped back to original for final results.

Whadya think? (could have obvious problems: customer sees one thing and likes it, but doesn't like the way other people see them, etc.)
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    lisap wrote:
    #1 is my fav. Love it! :D The one your wife ended up picking is probably my least favourite of the bunch as well.

It's funny though. One thing I've noticed happens quite a bit since I started doing portraits, is that people pick totally different pictures than I'd pick of them. ne_nau.gif I guess it's just how we see ourselves compared to how others see us.

-- Lisa P.

#1 is my favorite. I can live with the one she picked. Thankfully she did not go into my archives and pick something really bad that I did several years ago.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Wonderful series David!! I'd have to say #1 is my favorite.
    edited February 7, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Wonderful series David!! I'd have to say #1 is my favorite.

Thank you Adam.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    No question she looks the best in number 1.
    In the last one she is not flattered by the photo.

Nice shots.
    edited February 8, 2009
    zoomer wrote:
    No question she looks the best in number 1.
    In the last one she is not flattered by the photo.

Nice shots.

Thanks Zoomer. I really like #1 as well.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    David,

Your wife is beautiful and you found some lovely light! They do appear a bit oversharpened (maybe?). I think my faves are 1 and 3, but I actually like the one she picked as well. The black looks great against the receding brick and her necklace frames her nicely. Her eyes are a gorgeous color and she has perfect teeth!

I like your new avatar, too! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited February 8, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    David,

Your wife is beautiful and you found some lovely light! They do appear a bit oversharpened (maybe?). I think my faves are 1 and 3, but I actually like the one she picked as well. The black looks great against the receding brick and her necklace frames her nicely. Her eyes are a gorgeous color and she has perfect teeth!

I like your new avatar, too! thumb.gif

Thanks Elaine. I think she is beautiful, but I am obviously a bit biased. :D
    I received a lot of feedback about the sharpening. I will work on that.

Thanks for the comment on the avatar. My wife took it. I have very few photos of myself. I don't know how good this one is, but the old one was horrible.