Recommendation for Price setting function

DulaMugDulaMug Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited February 6, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
After working with price setting for two hours I have determined that this could be much easier if percentage increase was based on Smugmug default price column rather than what price is in the price column. If it was setup this way we would have the following advantages:

1. We would not have to set the price column to SmugMug default reducing one step in the process.
2. Allow more flexibility in changing prices using the "less than" and "more than" logic options. Currently when you set pricing to the default and increase default pricing based on "less than" you now change the base price for your next "less than" or "more than" function in the price column. If this was based on the default price column you would still have a base price to work from.

Recommendation 2: Add one more logic option. Allow setting prices based a value "More than xx and Less than xx. This would give more flexibility in setting prices using percentage of increase.

Recommendation 3: Allow percentage increase or decrease with logic options to apply to prints, merchandise or downloads. When I used the logic option my percentage increase applied to all products. Maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks,
Bill

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    DulaMug wrote:
    Recommendation 3: Allow percentage increase or decrease with logic options to apply to prints, merchandise or downloads. When I used the logic option my percentage increase applied to all products. Maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks,
    Bill

I am right there with you on #1, I need some more time to play with #2, but I believe we do #3 already?

20090206-txp7undufakyqqxdwbn2xnwebn.jpg

It might be hard to find, but under "To These Products" there's a "Category" submenu that lets you choose between Prints, Merchandise and Downloads. Is that what you were looking for?

-Anne
  • DulaMugDulaMug Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    I am right there with you on #1, I need some more time to play with #2, but I believe we do #3 already?

20090206-txp7undufakyqqxdwbn2xnwebn.jpg

It might be hard to find, but under "To These Products" there's a "Category" submenu that lets you choose between Prints, Merchandise and Downloads. Is that what you were looking for?

-Anne
    I found that, but if I apply percentage increase or decrease to a "less than" or "more than" value can I apply that to "prints" only or will it apply to Merchandise also? I could not figure out how to do that. How do I apply a percentage increase to prints only that are "less than" or "more than" a Smugmug default value?

Thanks,
    Bill