Canon XSI at Circuit City

tkuhetkuhe Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 6, 2009 in Cameras
Hello,

Quick summary of where I am at. I have had a lot of point and shoots over the years and now have a my first baby coming in April so I want to upgrade to a better camera. Pretty sure I have decided on getting the Canon XSI. The local Circuit City liquidation is going on now and they just went to 30% off, or $559.89 for the camera & 18-55 kit lens.
From what I can tell this is a pretty damn fine deal.
Any reason why I shouldn't jump on this?

Thanks for the replies and I look forward to being a part of this site!

-Tucker

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited February 6, 2009
    tkuhe wrote:
    Hello,

Quick summary of where I am at. I have had a lot of point and shoots over the years and now have a my first baby coming in April so I want to upgrade to a better camera. Pretty sure I have decided on getting the Canon XSI. The local Circuit City liquidation is going on now and they just went to 30% off, or $559.89 for the camera & 18-55 kit lens.
    From what I can tell this is a pretty damn fine deal.
    Any reason why I shouldn't jump on this?

Thanks for the replies and I look forward to being a part of this site!

-Tucker

Tkuhe (Tucker), welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

That does seem to be a good price assuming that the camera has all of the normal accessories that should come with it including the warranty.

Please keep us posted what you decide to do.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • tkuhetkuhe Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Tkuhe (Tucker), welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

That does seem to be a good price assuming that the camera has all of the normal accessories that should come with it including the warranty.

Please keep us posted what you decide to do.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tkuhe/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the input Ziggy. As far as I can tell it is the standard camera kit. It looks like this box.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited February 6, 2009
    If the seal is still on the box indicating the box is unopened, you should be good to go. If the seal is broken, check the contents to make sure it is all there, especially the warranty card.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2009
    I think it's a good deal for a new XSi Kit as cheapest online retailers are selling it for just about $630.
  • tkuhetkuhe Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    I think it's a good deal for a new XSi Kit as cheapest online retailers are selling it for just about $630.

Thanks I am going to keep my eye on it. Since the baby isn't due until late April I am a little hesitant buying anything before the the PMA show in early March. Rumor is that the XRI 500d will be announced so I would guess that the XSI will continue to drop.