Victrola Reproducer.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited February 11, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I did some experimantal lighting last night. Strobe with barndoors above the camera, bounced off of a reflector for the main. I then illuminated the needle with a hand-held LED flashlight while blocking the modeling lamp of the strobe from further illuminating the rest. White foamcore to camera left. . . . I need more foamcore. :D
VictrolaReproducerBWDSC_2897.jpg

Enjoy, and comments welcome.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Hi Lee,

I like this one a lot. Working with diverse lighting challenges is something I need to do more of. I think you did very well in this case. It amazes me that the old records held up as well as they did after being tortured with primative devices like this.

Take care my friend.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    The B&W conversion and tone are just great. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I did some experimantal lighting last night. Strobe with barndoors above the camera, bounced off of a reflector for the main. I then illuminated the needle with a hand-held LED flashlight while blocking the modeling lamp of the strobe from further illuminating the rest. White foamcore to camera left. . . . I need more foamcore. :D

Enjoy, and comments welcome.

Looks great Lee,
    Your method of illuminating the area worked beautifully clap.gif
    My grandparents used to have an old wooden phonograph,
    I remember listening to it when I was younger.

Nicely done Lee thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    I really like this, very well done.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Just about perfect Lee. Well done indeed.thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Thank you all for your very kind comments. They mean a lot to me. :D

Sorry for the delay in responding.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather