Black Betty

SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
edited February 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This was taken in Fremantle, Western Australia, at the old wool stores - a haven for taggers! :)

Nikon D80, Nikon 18-200mmVR @ 22mm, f5, 1/60s, ISO 100.

468030399_3jkjh-L-1.jpg
John

Comments

• AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    This is wonderful in every way I can think of from the reflection on the side of the bike to the way the graffiti adds to the atmosphere of the shot. Well done!
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited February 7, 2009
    I'd like to see more of the K. She's a looker. I miss my GT.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I'd like to see more of the K. She's a looker. I miss my GT.

You're welcome to have a look in my site: http://sventekoz.smugmug.com. There are quite a few there, including some of my old MV Agusta Brutale and quite a few other bikes.
    John
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Nice bike portrait. I especially like the setting! thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Very nicely done.thumb.gif
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
    edited February 7, 2009
    Sventekoz wrote:
    You're welcome to have a look in my site: http://sventekoz.smugmug.com. There are quite a few there, including some of my old MV Agusta Brutale and quite a few other bikes.
    Daddy likes the MV mwink.gif
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Daddy likes the MV mwink.gif

It was a fantastic bike to ride, but alas I had to get rid of it when it was less than 12 months old. I'm afraid the build quality was VERY poor, and I was worried that if I kept it I'd wind up hating it and it would cost me a fortune.
    John
    edited February 8, 2009
    Sventekoz wrote:
    It was a fantastic bike to ride, but alas I had to get rid of it when it was less than 12 months old. I'm afraid the build quality was VERY poor, and I was worried that if I kept it I'd wind up hating it and it would cost me a fortune.
    I hear you there. Though I liked my K1200GT, I got rid of it for the same reason. I also felt like it would leave me on the side of the road somewhere. It was a 2007, the new design and fraught with throttle and idle issues.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Sventekoz wrote:
    This was taken in Fremantle, Western Australia, at the old wool stores - a haven for taggers! :)

Nikon D80, Nikon 18-200mmVR @ 22mm, f5, 1/60s, ISO 100.

Nice one Sventekoz, interesting location you've taken this shot in too nod.gif
    ...Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Very nice! Well exposed and good use of fill flash! Great composition and atmosphere. A beautiful shot all around! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather