Did I focus too close?

SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
edited February 7, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was quite pleased with the effect in this shot - which was purely by luck. I simply took the opportunity to place the camera on the tracks.

Do you think I should have had a higher aperture (this was f4) to try and bring more into focus, or do you think that would have spolied the effect of highlighting the rail and the crossing?

TIA.

468935013_WRqsM-L.jpg
John

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Sventekoz wrote:
    I was quite pleased with the effect in this shot - which was purely by luck. I simply took the opportunity to place the camera on the tracks.

Do you think I should have had a higher aperture (this was f4) to try and bring more into focus, or do you think that would have spolied the effect of highlighting the rail and the crossing?

TIA.

Your image gives illusion of having used a "Tilt Shift" Lens.
    I think you got a great result, the orange colour on the building is blown out, but other than that it's an interesting shot clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Your image gives illusion of having used a "Tilt Shift" Lens.
    I think you got a great result, the orange colour on the building is blown out, but other than that it's an interesting shot

15524779-Ti.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers