buy button leaves my site

takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited February 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When you are on my site (www.takeflightphoto.com) and go to "buy," the url changes to a smugmug address (with my unique gallery #), but if you try to continue shopping, go back to galleries or to 'home' it takes you to the Smugmug.com home page, not to *my* home page.

I need to be able to keep people on *my* site.

Is this something I've done (or neglected to do)? :dunno

jon

Jon Lyksett
Take Flight Photography

Comments

• Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2009
    I just checked out your site and I didn't have any of the problems that you mentioned. ne_nau.gif So, everything looks good from my end.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    grrrrr
    Kyle D wrote:
    I just checked out your site and I didn't have any of the problems that you mentioned. ne_nau.gif So, everything looks good from my end.

I just tried with IE and Google Chrome, just in case it was Firefox's issue, but I get the same thing, rerouting to Smugmug home page once you leave a gallery to buy.

I'll try tomorrow from a different computer to see if it might be an IP problem.

Thanks for looking, though.

jon
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I just tried with IE and Google Chrome, just in case it was Firefox's issue, but I get the same thing, rerouting to Smugmug home page once you leave a gallery to buy.

I'll try tomorrow from a different computer to see if it might be an IP problem.

Thanks for looking, though.

jon

Just so you know I'm using FF3 on Vista 64.

When I click the buy button, a window pops up with all the different sizes. The only time I leave your site is if I "checkout" or "view cart". I hope that helps, also, when you click the home button at the top of the cart/checkout area, it does take you to smugmug's home page, because the cart is hosted on smugmug's secure site so that makes sense to me.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    Just so you know I'm using FF3 on Vista 64.

When I click the buy button, a window pops up with all the different sizes. The only time I leave your site is if I "checkout" or "view cart". I hope that helps, also, when you click the home button at the top of the cart/checkout area, it does take you to smugmug's home page, because the cart is hosted on smugmug's secure site so that makes sense to me.

exactly, so how does a customer get back to my home page to select another gallery without checking out?
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    exactly, so how does a customer get back to my home page to select another gallery without checking out?
    "Check out" means that you're done selecting photos and ready to pay (just like in a supermarket).

Before checking out, a user picks Buy This Photo, selects a size and quantity, then hits Back to Photos. Find another photo they want and hti buy this photo, select a size and qty, the hit back to photos again. The photos go in their cart and they are taken right back to your galleries where they can select more photos for purchase. When they hit Checkout, they are on Smugmug's secure site for handling credit card numbers which is not your URL.

2009-02-08_0024.png
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Also, at all times, there's a 'continue browsing photos' button within the cart during the checkout process:
    469649775_4yWyq-M.jpg
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero