Koinonia Farm, Americus,GA

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited February 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this one morning right after chapel services. This young couple is our homeschool teachers and they were running late for class. Comments and constructive criticism please?

Thanks and blessings
Jerry Nelson
Koinonia Farm
Americus, GA
877-738-1741

http://meesoon.smugmug.com/photos/441054352_oWm5p-L-6.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Took this one morning right after chapel services. This young couple is our homeschool teachers and they were running late for class. Comments and constructive criticism please?

Thanks and blessings
    Jerry Nelson
    Koinonia Farm
    Americus, GA
    877-738-1741

Hi Jerry, you should post the actual image rather than a link,
    images attract more feedback nod.gif

Is it fog or snow?
    I like how you captured the two people running,
    the shot has a mystical feel to it.... good shot thumb.gif

(your large copyright mark is very distracting)

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Jerry, you should post the actual image rather than a link,
    images attract more feedback nod.gif

Is it fog or snow?
    I like how you captured the two people running,
    the shot has a mystical feel to it.... good shot thumb.gif

(your large copyright mark is very distracting)

.... Skippy :D
    Thanks! I tried to figure out how to upload the original, but couldn't find the icon anywhere. Where (and how) to I do that?

Thanks!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Thanks! I tried to figure out how to upload the original, but couldn't find the icon anywhere. Where (and how) to I do that?

Thanks!
    Howdy jandrewnelson,

Actually went and looked at your image, something I normally don't do to linked images, never know what's going to show up, but since Skippy had already checked it out :D

I liked the image itself, but the copyright and big x through the middle of it ruined the whole experience, and certainly don't feel it's needed, and is pretty annoying.

When you want to display an image in a post you only need to click on the "Insert Image Icon" 5th from the Right, and then copy and paste in the link like you did in your original post, and that's it.

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots, I really did like the image you shot, very errie and moody.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited February 8, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy jandrewnelson,

Actually went and looked at your image, something I normally don't do to linked images, never know what's going to show up, but since Skippy had already checked it out :D

I liked the image itself, but the copyright and big x through the middle of it ruined the whole experience, and certainly don't feel it's needed, and is pretty annoying.

When you want to display an image in a post you only need to click on the "Insert Image Icon" 5th from the Right, and then copy and paste in the link like you did in your original post, and that's it.

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots, I really did like the image you shot, very errie and moody.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Thanks for the kind words and guidance. The icon you mentioned is the one I used. When I click it, a window pops up and says enter the URL of the image. Don't know if I'm still doing something wrong, but would like to learn.

I agree the copyright is a little too big and 'bold'. I'd like to find something better. In my own defense, I must add that I found and used that icon in my earlier smugmug days when my main goal was to start getting pictures in the galleries. Now that I've got a few there, I can catch my breath and do the tweaking that you and others suggest. Which leads me to my next questions:

1. Can you suggest a better copyright image for the watermark?
    2. Also would you (and anyone interested) make some suggestions on how I can make my site look more professional and 'inviting'?

Thanks again for all the help!
    Jerry Nelson
    Koinonia Farm
    Americus, GA
    877-738-1741

www.meesoon.smugmug.com
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words and guidance. The icon you mentioned is the one I used. When I click it, a window pops up and says enter the URL of the image. Don't know if I'm still doing something wrong, but would like to learn.

Thanks again for all the help!
    Jerry Nelson
    Koinonia Farm
    Americus, GA
    877-738-1741

www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Jerry when that little window pops up, paste the URL into that window (not into the body of the post) and then click OK. You'll see the image immediately.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    A a little copywrite note or your name on the bottom would be fine.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009

Thanks and blessings
    Jerry Nelson
    Koinonia Farm
    Americus, GA
    877-738-1741

Here is the TUTORIAL on how to post images

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6885595_nUk4R
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited February 8, 2009
    Is this one better?
    441054352_oWm5p-L-7.jpg