DSS 18 -- Uhoh -- stick with current entry or....

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited February 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had a chance to take some photos today and was able to come up with some low key ideas. Should I stick with the current entry, or try one of the other shots below? :help

Here's my current entry:

464954886_7V3J2-L-1.jpg

Low key shots:

469487939_hWSec-L.jpg

469487254_VBNKe-L.jpg

469487531_JTPrg-XL.jpg

Comments

• Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I'd stick with your current entry, these are nice, but not as good as your current entry.

Tim
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Definitely stick with your current entry and don't look back.- it's great!

Of these three, I really like the first. I love the way you caught the reflection of the window in the porcelain.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    The choice is ultimately yours. I would stick with your original entry, imo. Though, I am intrigued by #2, specifically, the shapes that are covered by the linen. It makes me want to know what would be revealed if the cloth were drawn.
    Growing with Dgrin

• The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Oh Lina I love the teapot and the reflection but I like the road home best.

g
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    OK, high key landscape it is, then! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking, Tony, Paul, Tim, and Gail. I guess I had way too much fun with my camera yesterday.

I volunteer as a docent at Valley Forge National Historic Park and these are shots of some of the displays in the house I was in. The first two hours were really slow so I used the time to try to shoot some photos.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    All three are great shots and for me the teapot would be the choice if you didn't already have a beautiful entry in the challenge.

I think you made the right choice to stick with the landscape. Your current entry is not only very strong, it is different from what most people have done for the challenge.

Best of luck to you!

Virginia

Email
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I like your new attempts, especially the teapot, but I agree that your original entry is better. If I hadn't seen the high key landscape, I would say go with that teapot. The landscape is just so nice...it's hard to beat.

Sherry