Teleporter

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
600-sq9499-02.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    The main subject is interesting, but I find the noise issue and the many blown-out areas of the picture to be too distracting. It could be that these effects were what you wanted, but I don't think this shot meets your otherwise high standards.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Thanks- just having some fun :)
    Anybody can do it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Is this for real? Cool. The ground seems a bit harsh.

We came across a similar tower in the desert. The sphere looks very similar to the one we found; baseball stitching. I didn't get a full picture of it though but it was fascinating. So much so that we went back at night to see its lights.

http://eikon.smugmug.com/photos/443993917_7f8Ep-L.jpg

http://eikon.smugmug.com/photos/469786039_UJ9B4-L.jpg

http://eikon.smugmug.com/photos/354262735_HgYXm-L-1.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I like it blown out highlights and all......Beam me up Scottie ..... azzaro:D
    edited February 8, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I like it blown out highlights and all......Beam me up Scottie ..... azzaro:D

Thanks. I'm good with it.
    Anybody can do it.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

The Tower and sky look great, but the bottom part of the image is very blown out.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    The panels are similar in this tower also. I believe in ~reality, these are water reservoirs.

We have those, or at least very similar looking balls around town and in the county, and ours are radar (weather radar).....some are nextrad.......that "pipe" going into it could very well be a wave guide for the transmission of the radar signal....like a huge coax cable only it is a copper tube.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited February 8, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    We have those, or at least very similar looking balls around town and in the county, and ours are radar (weather radar).....some are nextrad.......that "pipe" going into it could very well be a wave guide for the transmission of the radar signal....like a huge coax cable only it is a copper tube.........

Ok, that explains it. There's an FAA facility about a mile away. As far as water, it did not make sense to me since it's downhill from the FAA (former federal prison). Thanks!
    Anybody can do it.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Love your titles. I've always got to look at the images. Nice one. thumb.gif

And I would say it's got to be radar. I don't think that structure could support the weight of water.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited February 10, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Love your titles. I've always got to look at the images. Nice one. thumb.gif

And I would say it's got to be radar. I don't think that structure could support the weight of water.

Thanks!

Not being what I thought it was, and in fact, Art pointing out that is in actuality more cool than that, I decided to delete my previous speculative response and go with the following;

It is a teleporter- I seen it work. It was very wierd. A guy climbed in and disappeared. There was a 'fzzzzt', sound and poom, he was gone. A little steam came off the side of the orb thing and it smelled a bit like burnt hair. As far as I know he must have come out somewhere, but it was somewhere else, not here.

Anyone come out on your end Art?
    Anybody can do it.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I think you've got something there. Did you see this?

February 3, 2009 -- Teleportation is no longer science fiction

Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited February 10, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    I think you've got something there. Did you see this?

February 3, 2009 -- Teleportation is no longer science fiction

I haven't heard of it specifically, but similar thought and simultaneous development between unconnected social groups is an interesting anthropological theory. I notice the blog references links from Wikipedia. That would explain the burnt hair smell, but nevermind someone coming out the other end now.
    Anybody can do it.