How did I do?

Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Cameras
I picked up a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI-S (E series) prime lens for my Nikon D60. It's manual focus and doesn't meter with the body. I paid $20. :ear
Please do not copy, edit, rehost or repost my images without permission.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited February 8, 2009
    That's a very nice lens and a very good price, but unless you actually use it to produce wonderful images, that's all it will ever be.

Get out there and show us what it can do in your control. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Combined with the battery grip that arrived from Adorama (shameless plug), the camera looks and feel totally different - much better in my hands and much more manageable handling-wise. I'm looking forward to trying out this combination and seeing the results. I'm sure I'll get some vignetting, but probably nothing I can't crop out.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey
    edited February 8, 2009
    My mistake - it's the f/1.8, not the f/1.4 as I originally posted.

edited February 8, 2009
    Matt518 wrote:
    My mistake - it's the f/1.8, not the f/1.4 as I originally posted.

Still a good lens and vignetting on a crop camera should not be much of a problem.
    ziggy53
    edited February 9, 2009
    Thanks ziggy, I'm pretty happy with it so far, although I'm unsure what I spent the $20 on - the lens or the 45 minute conversation with the seller. He was a nice guy and had some great info to share.

edited February 9, 2009
    Matt518 wrote:
    ... I'm unsure what I spent the $20 on - the lens or the 45 minute conversation with the seller. He was a nice guy and had some great info to share.

Nice people are always a bonus. I hope you invited them to the Digital Grin. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    edited February 9, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Nice people are always a bonus. I hope you invited them to the Digital Grin. thumb.gif

I did.

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Enough chit-chat - how about a piccie or two:D