Options

Fort Lauderdale, FL

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Spending a week in Ft Lauderdale area between Mar 5th and 10th. I'll be down there with my wife vacation. Expect to take in a number of things to shoot. Anything particular I should not miss that I can get to in a day trip?

Some special part of the Everglades? I have Museum access as a staffer and a Golden Age Pass for such freebies that allows for!

Any and all hints taken into account!

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    JabbaJabba Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Make the drive down to Flamingo, or across part of US 41. There's more options down along there than you could ever cover in one lifetime. Be sure to stop at "Robert Is Here" for a milkshake if you do- You'll see it.

You can rent canoes/kayaks for poking around the Flamingo area, too. If you're comfortable in a boat, there's lots to see and capture. Another tip for you- the roads that head toward Lake Okeechobee often have canals alongside them- with lots of life in those canals. Take a map and pick one that's off the beaten path. Some great flora/fauna. All the state parks and wildlife viewing areas are worth a look too. I'm about 80 miles north of there- but you shouldn't have any trouble finding lots of options down that way.