#18 Canidates...Which one fits best?

DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited February 8, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey Everyone, Just looking for some quick opinions on these two images, if they fit the theme at all? Im undecided on them still and don't know if I will even go with these or something different all together. Thanks for the quick help!!

470095760_c89nj-L.jpg

470095958_RBM6t-L.jpg

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    #2 for me. The bright oof beak and the brightly lit bar in front of it in #1 are distracting to me.

I don't know if you have the time or inclination to do it, but if you could darken the bright areas in the background of #1, I think it would be an even stronger entry.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Virginia

Email
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Did you mean to say darken the bright areas of the background on #2? Not #1? And thanks for the advice, I also thought that beak area in #1 was distracting, unfortunately it was captured right behind the cage bar.
  • Wes WeberWes Weber Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    I really like #1. It seems to be a little more low-key because it's got a really spooky element to it. Perhaps you could crop it a bit so the bird's eye is just a bit bigger in the frame. I like the shallow depth of focus - it brings you right to the point of the photo.

Wes
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    photographically i like #2 better, though i think 1 fits the theme more. still i think i'd enter the stronger image.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section