Your critiques please?

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
441054191_mf5yw-L-8.jpg

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    posted pic
    Blown image - no contrast. A few minor elements are distractions; e.g., the clip at top center, the bug at right center. The pose take my eyes out of the picture for some reason.

It had a lot of great potential though. Any more to share?
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Blown image - no contrast. A few minor elements are distractions; e.g., the clip at top center, the bug at right center. The pose take my eyes out of the picture for some reason.

It had a lot of great potential though. Any more to share?

15524779-Ti.gif. I think I'd crop out the right half of the image. It really serves no purpose. I like the creamy bokeh behind the bird.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    441054191_mf5yw-L-8.jpg

Hi Jerry this shot is overexposed.
    I did a heavy crop leaving mostly the bird then very quickly applied some contrast and levels, also removed some of the purple fringing around the birds feet.

This is what I came up with (hope you don't mind) just trying to point out that you can correct an over exposed image, you could do way better than me because you have the original shot.

Searching through the Dgrin website will enlighten you in COMPOSITION.
    Look at the many posts and see how different folks compose their shot.

There is so much you can learn here, all free and all available by just exploring thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Jerry this shot is overexposed.
    I did a heavy crop leaving mostly the bird then very quickly applied some contrast and levels, also removed some of the purple fringing around the birds feet.

This is what I came up with (hope you don't mind) just trying to point out that you can correct an over exposed image, you could do way better than me because you have the original shot.

Searching through the Dgrin website will enlighten you in COMPOSITION.
    Look at the many posts and see how different folks compose their shot.

There is so much you can learn here, all free and all available by just exploring thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks everyone for the help and guidance!

Jerry
  • jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    This is what I came up with (hope you don't mind) just trying to point out that you can correct an over exposed image, you could do way better than me because you have the original shot. thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Looks great! Thanks for the help on this!

Blessings
    Jerry Nelson
    Koinonia Farm
    Americus, GA
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Jerry, next time try recomposing with more space in front of the bird...to the left of the photo and eliminate the pole etc as the cropped image did.