Press Room Motion

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited February 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I work for a small publishing company here in San Diego and last week the head of the contracting department requested some new, dynamic photos of the press room to include in our proposals to potential clients. Here's "one" of the shots I took... One is in quotes because this is actually about 300 shots each taken with a shutter speed of 1 second then merged in CS3 to fully capture the motion. There were about another 200 shots, but I think I kicked the tripod at one point and offset it enough that I didn't notice it at the time, but it was really apparent once they were all merged together...

470363350_RZXTG-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any suggestions and concerns would be appreciated! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    I work for a small publishing company here in San Diego and last week the head of the contracting department requested some new, dynamic photos of the press room to include in our proposals to potential clients. Here's "one" of the shots I took... One is in quotes because this is actually about 300 shots each taken with a shutter speed of 1 second then merged in CS3 to fully capture the motion. There were about another 200 shots, but I think I kicked the tripod at one point and offset it enough that I didn't notice it at the time, but it was really apparent once they were all merged together...

Thanks for looking! Any suggestions and concerns would be appreciated! thumb.gif

When I look at this picture what I see is this,
    the box on the palet looks like a train going through,
    that has knocked over some paper stacked,
    which is now falling like a waterfall.

Not knowing what happens where you work, I would like to have seen the images slowed down more so you can actually see what the people are doing..... just a little more detail rather than straight out motion blur.

... just my opinion thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, Skippy.

It was my first time using the stacking scripts in CS3, so it was a total experimentation... In the individual shots, people are more pronounced then they are in the stacked version... I'm not really sure how the algorithm works that Photoshop uses for this... I'll try again with fewer shots, see if the people are easier to see! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    I personally like it.

Great job capturing the motion and busy-ness of the shop.

Thank you, Candid Arts! thumb.gif

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope the bosses like it! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos