I Have Seen

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited February 9, 2009 in People
Hey, working on self portraits of myself...

Heres my eye. I was kinda goofing around but this one turned out pretty good. I didn't do much PP, just some clone stamp, curves and a slight crop.

I know whats wrong with it, but I want to know if you can see it too!

470388533_Us22K-L.jpg

To achieve this I had my flash pointing backwards and at the corner of my room, and I shot it at 1/90s, f/16, ISO 800 with my 17-50mm f/2.8 lens

And also I'm adding an HDR type version. Where I had different layers overlaid on it to give it a more dark, grungy look... Want to know if this "effect" appeals to anyone.
470416661_kCQBL-L.jpg
Jer

Comments

• speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    i like the first one the glasses are crooked,but nice clarity what lens did you use.
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    speedsk8r wrote:
    i like the first one the glasses are crooked,but nice clarity what lens did you use.
    My glasses bend down like that. I was using my promaster (offbrand of tamron) 17-50mm f/2.8... Nice lens and really affordable!
    Jer
  • geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Hey, working on self portraits of myself...

Heres my eye. I was kinda goofing around but this one turned out pretty good. I didn't do much PP, just some clone stamp, curves and a slight crop.

I know whats wrong with it, but I want to know if you can see it too!

470388533_Us22K-L.jpg

To achieve this I had my flash pointing backwards and at the corner of my room, and I shot it at 1/90s, f/16, ISO 800 with my 17-50mm f/2.8 lens

And also I'm adding an HDR type version. Where I had different layers overlaid on it to give it a more dark, grungy look... Want to know if this "effect" appeals to anyone.
    470416661_kCQBL-L.jpg

First one is better in my opinion. Off topic, but HDR requires more than one image. What you've done is adjusted the tonal contrasts of the image. :D The problem with doing this to skin is that most people's skin comes out really red. Try reducing the vibrance of the skin in order to compensated for it.
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    I know its not an actual hdr, that's why I said its an hdr type image. I used diferrent layers overlaid, etc... Personally I don't like the second one too much, I just wanted to see if people like that type of look, maybe not quite to that extreme, but you get what I mean...
    Jer
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Looks like somebody is maybe having some bad weather, lol.
    Nothing wrong with getting the equipment out and messing around with it.
    Looks like a fun project to play with.
    Good idea turning the flash around it came out perfect.

The HDR'ish exposure is to dark, if you brighten it up to match the first one we can see the difference better.