My 5DMII

SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Cameras
I've had it about 3 weeks now, so far I just love it.
I noticed my M/F lenses are real easy to use with it. Maybe the bigger brighter view finder. I had a lot of problems focusing with my 40D.
I can get focus confirm about always at f/8 with my M/F lenses. I haven't tried higher yet.
It seems to meter better than the 40D with AV indoors and out using the M/F lenses.
I can adjust the adapters to focus right on the money with the micro-adjustment.

So far all I have taken are snapshots learning the camera and flash.

All shots with the yashica ML 50/1.7
I was checking out the micro-adjust with the focus confirm adapters on Dudleys face, hence the lack of feet.

Dudley trying on his new coat.
mg0361bxs3.jpg

mg0363boh6.jpg

After playing hard with Maxwell for an hour.
mg0223fk2.jpg

One of the first shots that I took with the new camera. Just a quick grab really to see what it would do in the back yard. Have I mentioned that I hate snow. Especially 3 feet of it.
mg0233qo2.jpg
RON

Comments

• SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    I'm surprised that no one found it interesting how the 5DMII worked with the manual focus lenses.
    RON
  • EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Wait more than 8 hrs for a reply mwink.gif
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Schnauzer wrote:
    I'm surprised that no one found it interesting how the 5DMII worked with the manual focus lenses.

Full-frame camera viewfinders are definitely better for manual focus use. And of course by that token, medium format camera viewfinders, ...WOW!

The ease of viewing things in the viewfinder is one thing I look forward to with Nikon FX...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited February 10, 2009
    Ekaj wrote:
    Wait more than 8 hrs for a reply mwink.gif

How silly of me.
    RON
    edited February 10, 2009
    Full-frame camera viewfinders are definitely better for manual focus use. And of course by that token, medium format camera viewfinders, ...WOW!

The ease of viewing things in the viewfinder is one thing I look forward to with Nikon FX...

=Matt=

My cousin is just starting to use some of his old M/F lenses with his D700 and loving it.
    RON