AAAAAaaaarrrGGGhhhH

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited February 11, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well it's done I have submitted my top 10 choices for DSS round #18 (High Key or Low Key)
I will be posting my comments to the gallery after the choices of both judges are made public.

I started looking at all the amazing entries at 8 AM and probably went through the most exhaustive culling session I have ever experienced.
To me there was clearly six choices that I absolutely fell in love with, it was the last four choices that were a struggle that did not finish until about 4:30 PM.
I hope Nikolai had an easier time than I did.

Certainly not a winner if it was submitted, but I did shoot an image for this round regardless of my ability to enter it. (I couldn't resist)

Sultry

470718710_s3mAD-L.jpg

Thanks again everyone for giving me the opportunity to be a judge.
EDIT: (just in case it doesn't sound like it - It was fun!)

Comments

• DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Hooray!! Wow Im sure that was a grueling process!! But, I thank you for doing the hard part!! thumb.gif And your photo is very cool!! I love it!!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 9, 2009
    ahh yes....a very tough decision as there are so many wonderful entries! Thanks for all your help Sherstone.thumb.gif I imagine that Nikoli is having a hard time deciding too.

Great photo!thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Well thank God you didn't get a chance to enter ... you'd have run away with the prize I think :) That's probably one of the best portrait shots I've seen you do.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    DeuceFour wrote:
    Hooray!! Wow Im sure that was a grueling process!! But, I thank you for doing the hard part!! thumb.gif And your photo is very cool!! I love it!!
    Not sure grueling would have been the exact word I would use to describe the process but I did want to make sure I made an honest effort, instead of a one pass over. I looked at each image on 4 separate LCD/CRT screens to catch all the subtleties that some images tend not to show on all monitors.

Thanks for the compliment.
    JAG wrote:
    I imagine that Nikoli is having a hard time deciding too.
    If he found it easy I will be surprised deal.gif

That's probably one of the best portrait shots I've seen you do.
    Thanks Kurt that is very nice of you to say.
    Considering I haven't done that many portraits it doesn't take much mwink.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Beautiful photo, Sean. thumb.gif That one would have been a contender for sure.

As I watched the entries being added to the gallery I was starting to wonder how you and Nikolai were going to fare with picking just 10 apiece. lol3.gif Heck, I'm having a hard time culling it down to just 20. eek7.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I certainly didn't envy the task ahead of you as I kept watching the entries roll in. Thank you for your effort--and using four monitors to ensure you saw everything! :D

Love your "entry," especially the rim light on her raised hand. thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Beautiful photo, Sean. thumb.gif That one would have been a contender for sure.

As I watched the entries being added to the gallery I was starting to wonder how you and Nikolai were going to fare with picking just 10 apiece. lol3.gif Heck, I'm having a hard time culling it down to just 20. eek7.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

What she said!!
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I am blown away by your images and this is no exception.

peace, gail
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    Certainly not a winner if it was submitted, but I did shoot an image for this round regardless of my ability to enter it. (I couldn't resist)
    If it's any consollation it would most likely make my top ten:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    If it's any consollation it would most likely make my top ten:-) mwink.gif

Awww you say that to all your fellow judges don't you mwink.gif (Thanks)