new here

eastoakeastoak Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 12, 2009 in People
468659270_AVKqc-XL.jpg

this is a photo of my 6 month old girl noemi. it's been fun watching her grow and also watching my photography get better, if only in tiny increments.

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin!!!!
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    wave.gif - A very warm welcome to you.

That's a cute picture of your daughter. Were the photo mine, I could very well see myself pulling out, in 14 or 16 years, for your daughter's gentleman callers while wait of her to finish getting ready! rolleyes1.giflol
  • eastoakeastoak Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2009
    thanks for the welcome! i joined up here to learn more about good photography. i like to shoot everyday situations, candid shots of people. i never like to pose for a picture so taking posed pictures is not as fun for me yet, maybe that will change. right now i have a nikon D70 with a nikon18-70mm lens. i picked up a D300 with a VR lens at a friends house and shot a few frames and now i want one too.
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Great eyes on her.

You will learn here to watch the backgrounds and everything else pretty quickly. It looks to me like the faucet spout is right above her head - and her hair is directly underneath it. Makes for a funny presentation!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Of course you want a D300 now! And some nice lenses to go with it! Welcome.

Adorable baby. On my monitor, it looks like there's a greenish cast to the photo. But I like the picture, cluttered background and all. It depicts real life with a baby!

Caroline
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    awesome pic!!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    Cute baby!

This is one of the few photos where I think the clutter in the background actually helps. Almost like an environmental portrait.

With everything going on in the kitchen, she's got this look like "Hey, where's my food!"