missed opportunity... kind of

manzicomanzico Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 10, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm new to the forum, this is my first image post. Hope you like the shots.

So I wanted to get out and shoot some landscapes on Saturday and I decided to head over to Sabino Canyon just before sunset. As I started on my way I could see that the light was already really dramatic and the clouds over the mountains even more so. I knew I'd get some good shots. Then I started to get close to the canyon and I realized that the moon was rising. It was framed by some low clouds hovering over the mountain, and some high altitude clouds way up. The light was great and the shot was spectacular... except I wasn't anywhere near where I could get a good shot yet. I suppose I could have gotten the great sky, but a Walgreens doesn't really make that dramatic a foreground. So I booked over to the Canyon entrance, paid my fee and parked, ten I high tailed it down the path to get past the canyon entrance buildings. The moon was still rising and the clouds were moving to intercept. Needless to say I missed the spectacular shot I saw on my way in, but I still got some good shots (and even salvaged a couple of moon/cloud/mountain shots). Here are a few from Saturday:

#1: This is the closest to what I saw on my way in:
original.jpg

#2: Then I realized that IR was the way to go:
original.jpg

#3:
original.jpg

#4:
original.jpg

#5: This one's a pano
original.jpg

#6:
original.jpg

#7:
original.jpg

#8: and now back to visible light
original.jpg

#9: and one color shot to finish it out (nice subtle post sunset colors)
original.jpg

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Dave

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    clap.gifclap Amazing photographs loved the conversion a lot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery