FS: Canon 24-70L f/2.8

TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in House of Canon
I have a URxxx Canon 24-70L lens and hood for sale. This is just the lens, caps, and the Canon hood. It works great, instant AF, and compared to the prior 2 24-70Ls that I have tried, this is the sharpest wide open.

The body has a couple of very minor scuffs on the glossy black ring near the manual focus ring, and the outer glass has several of these very tiny dots. They don't brush off, so they aren't dust, but they are not nicks either, but the lens pen and solution does not remove them. These are hard to photograph, but under just the right light I am able to capture it. However just like having dust inside the front element on other lenses, there is no impact to IQ.

Asking $865 shipped and paypaled (via the paypal echeck option) in the US. I don't mind shipping to Canada, but I would want to charge the additional USPS amounts to ship priority international, and I will just state on customs that this is a 4 year old used lens as other (not gift). I feel this is a very fair and low price to own this well known and desirable L lens.

Sold pending final funds clearing

I could separate the hood and lens, but the lens has to sell first.
Lens - $845 (shipped and paypal via echeck)
Hood - $30 (shipped and paypal)

2470La.jpg

Here are some more shots of the lens and the last shot shows these very small dots.

Lens side 1
Lens side 2
Lens front element
Lens rear element
Lens element w/dots

Here are some shots through this lens wide open, L jpg files.

Test Shot 1
Test Shot 2
Test Shot 3
Test Shot 4
Test Shot 5
7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4