a couple of my favorite guys.

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited May 24, 2005 in People
These are both random shots that I really like...

tyblackandwhiteQuicke-mailview.jpg
The boyfriend

And...the Great Uncle Bob

unclebobQuicke-mailview.jpg
He doesn't have any teeth and he owns a talking crow that says "hey bob". What's not to love about this guy? :rolleyes

Comments

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    pepper44 wrote:
    The boyfriend

And...the Great Uncle Bob

Hey there pepper! I don't know if you're looking for a critique or not so I hope you don't mind.

The boyfriend shot: We generally like to see eyes, but I suppose this angle could be considered a stylistic choice. You overexposed the hat and the nearest side of his face - a common problem with direct flash. If you describe how you set the camera, someone will probably be able to help you get better flash exposures.

Bob: Boy he sure has some character. The eyes look a little soft but generally I like the photo. thumb.gif
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    Hey there pepper! I don't know if you're looking for a critique or not so I hope you don't mind.

The boyfriend shot: We generally like to see eyes, but I suppose this angle could be considered a stylistic choice. You overexposed the hat and the nearest side of his face - a common problem with direct flash. If you describe how you set the camera, someone will probably be able to help you get better flash exposures.

Bob: Boy he sure has some character. The eyes look a little soft but generally I like the photo. thumb.gif
    Thanks, I always like feedback. As for the flash, it's kind of hard to control with the cheap camera I took this with because it only has a fill flash, an off, and a red eye setting..I've still got a lot of stuff to figure out though. headscratch.gif
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    pepper44 wrote:
    Thanks, I always like feedback. As for the flash, it's kind of hard to control with the cheap camera I took this with because it only has a fill flash, an off, and a red eye setting..I've still got a lot of stuff to figure out though. headscratch.gif

Gotcha. I'm sure there must be a way to diffuse it though. Experiment a little. Try something goofy like taping a piece of tissue paper over the flash. You'll of course lose effective range, but it'll soften the light a little.

disclaimer: never tried it, just trying to think out of the box mwink.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Hi Pepper... nice shot of Uncle Bob.. little soft as mentioned but nice expression.. keep at it and keep posting you're doing great.. it's great fun to learn huh?
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Pepper... nice shot of Uncle Bob.. little soft as mentioned but nice expression.. keep at it and keep posting you're doing great.. it's great fun to learn huh?
    Yeah it is fun to learn, I like this site a lot for that very reason! mwink.gif