Thanks

The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
edited February 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that tried to help me choose.

gail

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    I loved your photos. Can't see what you come up with for "Night"!!

Virginia

Email
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I loved your photos. Can't see what you come up with for "Night"!!

Virginia

Thanks for saying that Virgina. I to am a fan of your work. I don't think I feel as confident in my work as many of you do so I really appreciate the encouragement.

peace, gail
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Goodness!! Your work is wonderful and has all the earmarks of a self assured, capable and creative person behind the lens.

I love your dailies and hereby promise myself to visit more often.

You often get to the challenge finals (I think you have won in the past, but can't remember for sure) and you are one of a small number of dGrinners who have qualified for the mega challenge.

I think of you as one of the stalwart, competent ones. Some of us (who shall remain unnamed) rarely get to the finals and when we do we land in the bottom half, luckyto get 3 votes. Not exactly conducive to self confidence. rolleyes1.gif

I truly am looking forward to what you come up with for the theme "night." If you enter something you really love, you will do well. Not to put any pressure on you, of course!

Virginia

Email
    edited February 12, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Goodness!! Your work is wonderful and has all the earmarks of a self assured, capable and creative person behind the lens.

I love your dailies and hereby promise myself to visit more often.

You often get to the challenge finals (I think you have won in the past, but can't remember for sure) and you are one of a small number of dGrinners who have qualified for the mega challenge.

I think of you as one of the stalwart, competent ones. Some of us (who shall remain unnamed) rarely get to the finals and when we do we land in the bottom half, luckyto get 3 votes. Not exactly conducive to self confidence. rolleyes1.gif

I truly am looking forward to what you come up with for the theme "night." If you enter something you really love, you will do well. Not to put any pressure on you, of course!

Virginia

Virgina, how sweet of you to say such wonderful things. I am thankful for making the top five in a lot of the challenges but the sweet victory of the top is out of my reach it seems. All of your kindness and and confidence in me has me really working overtime to try and come up with something worthy.

Again thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Peace always, gail
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Gail are you serious? From the Monday challenges to the consistency of getting selected as a finalist, and honorable mention in every contest you join? If that's not a confidence booster, I don't know what is. You are a great photo artist.

You are in the Mega challenge. Just being selected should tell you something about your art/skill/tech. I joined the Monday challenges because of you. You think I belong in that group? My best doesn't compare. But I'm there to learn and participate.

So let's see, what if you don't win? You won already. You are a part of a small elite group of photographers invited to participate in a challenge, for substantial prizes.

So lets start acting that way! Good luck darling, looking forward to seeing your stuff!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    As commented on one of your pix.....
    You're work is simply stunning and incredibly inspiring!
    I am in awe of such talent!bowdown.gif
    I am assuming you do much in PhotoShop........have you ever considered doing any tutorials???
    Any chance of twisting your arm?mwink.gif
    Your work is truly amazing......thank you so much for sharing!
    Take care, Shae
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
    edited February 16, 2009
    Thanks so much for all the sweet and wonderful comments and I sent some pms also.

peace,gail