The roommate

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
edited February 17, 2009 in People
I just got a new camera. And to the dismay of my room mate he has become my practice subject.

470867116_JYoVh-M.jpg

Thsi is one he took of me, and forgot to check the camera settings.
470866590_wQYas-M.jpg

comment apreciated.

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I just got a new camera. And to the dismay of my room mate he has become my practice subject.
    Thsi is one he took of me, and forgot to check the camera settings.
    comment apreciated.
    I like #2 nice low-key:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Number two for me, also. I really like the light and the mood it produces.
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    The second shot was a pure accident, by not checking the shutter settings. The light happens to be coming from a computer monitor.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    The second shot was a pure accident, by not checking the shutter settings. The light happens to be coming from a computer monitor.
    It doesn't make it worse though:-) mwink.gif
    Jokes aside, this is how you learn, by noticing what works and what not.deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2009
    #2 is the best hands down.........about learning what does and does not work........I am self taught amd I ;looked thru library's hi and low for boks on my passion (concert photos).....none to be found.....so I decided to shoot one with my portrait film......fuji 50....that stuff could make a portrait POP like nothng else.....so I take 20 ea 36 exp rolls and shoot my tail off....then I run into 2 true pros 1 shooting for Magnum and the Other for Black Star.....they about filled their pants when they found me shooting such slow film.....their were carrying 1600 b/w......both were impressed with the contact sheets I sentthem butthey were jsutlowly photogs and had no power to enrich my bank account with a job offer (30 yrs ago).........I found out that night that I was breaking all kinds of rules of normal photography, wrong film, long zoom lens etc etc...........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website