Fireworks In Bar Harbor, ME

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited February 10, 2009 in Landscapes
One of the preks of working for the kayak company I work for is that we are the only company in Bar Harbor that offers a trip to one of the islands to watch the Fourth of July fireworks. This can be quite and adventures trip but can yield some amazing results, and personal room. The weather patterns in July can make pulling off a fireworks show difficult with lots of fog common. This year we had none of that, in fact we had some of the best weather I can remember for the Fourth. Space in Bar Harbor to see the show is at a premium as is evident in the line of headlights visible on the road up Cadillac Mountain as people compeat for good seats. It might be malicious but as I sat on the rocks warmed by the sun with a small group of clients I had a good chuckle at the folks stuck in a traffic jam on the mountain.:wink I'm sure that the perspective from up there is interesting, you just want to be up there at about three or four in the afternoon to get a parking spot. Anyway enjoy!
433597468_EiYnp-L.jpg
406768561_atCqS-L-2.jpg
406768755_ZyrYj-L-2.jpg
406768538_AmCcH-L-2.jpg
433597643_Lhqws-L.jpg
406769034_jEFuc-L-2.jpg
433597924_XCkYZ-L.jpg
433597783_kBy48-L.jpg
while I am in general pleased with the results I also feel that some are a little noisy, and also I should have included more of the water in these like in #1, oh well thats what next year is for:wink

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    WOW!! Those are fantastic fireworks pictures! bowdown.gif

You can't say you didn't take advantage of the exceptional conditions!
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com