More Cold Alaskan Night Shots

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited February 13, 2009 in Landscapes
I wandered out last night with my wife with temps around zero and shot a few shots alongside the road in Hatcher Pass. I'm kind of happy with some of the results, so I hope you guys like them too! :D

Not much of a cool story this time, I've just been anticipating the full moon and the clouds cleared away in the evening, so I had to get out and shoot. We drove out to the closest bridge across the Little Susitna River and shot a few things from the easiest places to get to.
471724234_6epTJ-L.jpg

471724365_nKehN-L.jpg

471724651_uZuXP-L.jpg

471724916_QKZ39-L.jpg

471725075_HPoG5-L.jpg

471725327_k5fgB-L.jpg

Then we headed up the road to get a higher perspective on the mountains around and the view of the Mat-Su Valley. Here's the lights of Palmer edging into view.
471725500_tH7gU-L.jpg

471725619_aLCbJ-L.jpg

Then I moved over and shot the area's cliche view. :D Spend an hour at this overlook during the summer months, and five cars of tourists will stop, get out, and spin in a circle with video cameras running, then get back in and drive off. It's amusing for sure, but completely understandable.
471724488_q2t5T-L.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Last set well done. Beautiful
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    It looks like a winter wonderland! clap.gif
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    I was at that very spot in December (Hatcher Pass)! Truly beautiful! I like the shot with the creek bed and the little log cabin structure. Looks like it was a bright moon!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Great place and photos !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 13, 2009
    ahh yes...I reconize this area well! Good thing you had some moon shining though. I am hoping we get a break in the clouds tonight as I am heading out and up to the Anchorage foothills to get some night shots. I had thought about going to hatchers pass but my sil says he knows of the perfect place to get some cool city shots.

Anyway....very nice night shots!thumb.gif