Life In Widesreen Technicolour

cre8tivepixelscre8tivepixels Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 14, 2009 in People
Just throwing this out there....does it work?

3271366298_762924cee2_o.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Just throwing this out there....does it work?

If you're asking about the slant, then it doesn't specifically bother me (that is to say I noticed it, but didn't think, "huh?")

What DOES bother me is that the angle makes her look way too "stick figure" - sure, models are thin, but her right leg is so thin that I find it kind of disturbing.

Just my 2c - take with a grain of salt!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Lighting - Composition - Post Production

That's 3 A+'s Mister! Now go get yourself a cookie! thumb.gifbowdown.gif

Where are you located? I want classes! :)
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    I like the idea a lot thumb.gif
    My only nit is the dead center, which doesn't work for me ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like the idea a lot thumb.gif
    My only nit is the dead center, which doesn't work for me ne_nau.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif and .... it appears (on the three different monitors I've used to view this) that her face has processed into Barbie Doll land.
  • cre8tivepixelscre8tivepixels Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif and .... it appears (on the three different monitors I've used to view this) that her face has processed into Barbie Doll land.

Well good for you, i market these images at a particular group and thats THE look they want...so thanks for your concern! And how you can possibly tell from a sized 640px image is beyond me as well....the full res version has quite a fair bit of detail in her face including pores!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    Well good for you, i market these images at a particular group and thats THE look they want...so thanks for your concern! And how you can possibly tell from a sized 640px image is beyond me as well....the full res version has quite a fair bit of detail in her face including pores!
    I noticed that too, just didn't say it.. If you were going for that "Valley" look - fine, no need to get all defensive...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • cre8tivepixelscre8tivepixels Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I noticed that too, just didn't say it.. If you were going for that "Valley" look - fine, no need to get all defensive...ne_nau.gif

Well first and foremost i am in Australia....so there is no "valley" and secondly i am NOT reinventing the wheel here, it is what it is, my brief is to make the girls as perfect as they want to look, i don't agree with it one bit i might add, but it is what it is!
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009

Well you did start this thread asking "Does it work?", right? That puts Scott's comment totally inline in my opinion. Maybe you could unclench just a tad.

Awesome lighting, btw! My nit would be the horizon.

Malte
    edited February 13, 2009
    headscratch.gif - hmmmm I'm seriously confused :confused.

You post an image - cool.

You ask for opinions - again cool.

You're offered one, for whatever mine might be worth (one has to remember, like belly buttons, everyone has an opinion and most are full of lint :D) - but I offered one. And my reward for taking the time to consider your image (3 times no less - wanting to give as valid a comment as I can).

Instead of a gentle "Thanks" or even being ignored - you attempt to cut me off at the knees .... hmmmm ... not so cool.eek7.gif

As to the basis for my comment:
    1. You asked, "Does it work?" - I think I answered that. For me, it doesn't work.
    2. You're right - the image is a bit small. Even so, with the size of her face in the image, one could expect to see some, maybe minor, variations in tonality and/or brightness. With the exception of a slight darkening below her left cheekbone, her entire face appears to be one color, tone, and brightness.
    Again, FWIW, I "went easy on you". I could have mentioned a number of details, in addition to the what I see in her face, that detract from the image. I see 3 technical issues that could/should have been corrected before the shutter was released and one that is simple a matter of taste. But, I'll refrain - gasoline on a fire - not so good an idea.

So wave.gif - Welcome to DGrin (guess I should have said that in my first post - sorry). We are all here to help each other, not tear each other down. Please reconsider your reaction to my first post, taking into account the above comments and take a look at the entire question from the postion of one who (a) was not there at the shoot, (b) does not know your client(s) or their expectation, and (c) did not know from where you hale or understand, in light of that ignorance, the minor cultural differences that may have come into play.
  • lahefelahefe Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 14, 2009
    headscratch.gif - hmmmm I'm seriously confused :confused.

You post an image - cool.

You ask for opinions - again cool.

You're offered one, for whatever mine might be worth (one has to remember, like belly buttons, everyone has an opinion and most are full of lint :D) - but I offered one. And my reward for taking the time to consider your image (3 times no less - wanting to give as valid a comment as I can).

Instead of a gentle "Thanks" or even being ignored - you attempt to cut me off at the knees .... hmmmm ... not so cool.eek7.gif

As to the basis for my comment:
    1. You asked, "Does it work?" - I think I answered that. For me, it doesn't work.
    2. You're right - the image is a bit small. Even so, with the size of her face in the image, one could expect to see some, maybe minor, variations in tonality and/or brightness. With the exception of a slight darkening below her left cheekbone, her entire face appears to be one color, tone, and brightness.
    Again, FWIW, I "went easy on you". I could have mentioned a number of details, in addition to the what I see in her face, that detract from the image. I see 3 technical issues that could/should have been corrected before the shutter was released and one that is simple a matter of taste. But, I'll refrain - gasoline on a fire - not so good an idea.

So wave.gif - Welcome to DGrin (guess I should have said that in my first post - sorry). We are all here to help each other, not tear each other down. Please reconsider your reaction to my first post, taking into account the above comments and take a look at the entire question from the postion of one who (a) was not there at the shoot, (b) does not know your client(s) or their expectation, and (c) did not know from where you hale or understand, in light of that ignorance, the minor cultural differences that may have come into play.

fwiw I too live in Australia and totally agree with you, I don't think there is a cultural difference at play there but perhaps a "looking for oohs and aahs and not real opinions" problem instead. I'm not a fan of the plastic stick insect look myself.
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Scott,

I'm with you.

Please don't let Cre8tive give all us Aussies a bad name:D
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
    edited February 14, 2009
    christulk wrote:
    Scott,

I'm with you.

Please don't let Cre8tive give all us Aussies a bad name:D
    Never crossed my mind to do that. Some of my best friends are Aussies:D

At the risk of sounding patronizing, people are people. I just didn't appreciate being attacked for trying to help someone. So, maybe I over-reacted a bit. Oh, well - it's done and over.

As they say, "Move along, nothing to see here folks!"