A few from this weekend.. C/C Please

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited February 14, 2009 in People
Here are a few shots from this past weekend out at an old abandoned house.. I only took twenty total but I edited a few.. Let me know what you think!

_MG_8377.jpg
_MG_8371.jpg
JonDraper.jpg
_MG_8354.jpg

Comments

• Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Hey Jon, I love the first 2 for sure. But the 3rd one doesnt work for me. The pipe is just way to distracting. The last one I am not sure if I like or not. I find my self wanting to see her feet. But I like the concept on that one.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 11, 2009
    I agree with your comment on both 3 and 4.. since I only took 20 pictures.. (I was too busy holding the light for the other photographer there) I just was working with what I had. Thank ya for the C/C.. always learn something from it
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Tones, textures and composition make these all great images. If forced to choose, I'd go for the first one.
  • GrinningBearGrinningBear Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Hi Jon,

all the images work for me, except number 3. As previously mentioned the pipe just gets in the way too much. That said I love the color in all the images.

Number 4 is a strange one. Dark and moody on what appears to be a stormy day judging by the color of the sky. There is for something sure "odd" (in a nice way :D ) about number 4, however I like it thumb.gif

Regards,
    Robert.
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    #1 is pretty nice, I think, though she might be a bit hunched over. The lighting, coloring, and PP all are very nice.

#2 is also nice, but she seems even more hunched in the shoulders. I'm sure when she's not posing, she's not really too concerned about her posture, or at least that's what I read from the shot. I'm not sure how big the opening was, but couple she have squatted down and used the concrete surround as a natural frame (at least for the 3/4 of the shot it'd be in)?

#3: I agree with the others that this one needs a little work; others mentioned the pipe, but the first thing that came to my eye was the angle of the shot for a slightly larger young lady, could you have gotten above her and had her look up? The point is to get her naturally extending her neck for the inherent thinning effect. Camera angle looks to be about even with her waist; was this from ducking down or from an uneven ground surface?
    Her standing in front of the change in background so it's covered is a good thing. You might have tried to move her closer to the front of the house (I figure to her left is the front) and moving yourself over to get the both the background change and pipe covered without running off the back of the house (since you've already gone as far as you can without getting off it at frame left)

#4: I love this one! There are only nits I would change on it (if she had her head back laughing or something?). Very nicely done.
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.