Options

New slideshow problem on FF - 95% CPU ????

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited February 15, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Been using my Bio slideshow for some time now on Firefox with no problems. All of a sudden, firefox.exe is using ~95% CPU when running. Not sure, but may be have started after the recent FF V. 3.0.6 upgrade. Notices jerkiness and slowness on other pages and programs. When I hide the Bio, CPU goes to normal again. Please help. Thanks.

Just checked IE7. Same problem... iexplore.exe running at ~95% too.

Checked two PCs, both about the same stats. With slideshow running, firefox.exe uses ~950,000K memory. Normally about +/- 155,000K
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited February 12, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Been using my Bio slideshow for some time now on Firefox with no problems. All of a sudden, firefox.exe is using ~95% CPU when running. Not sure, but may be have started after the recent FF V. 3.0.6 upgrade. Notices jerkiness and slowness on other pages and programs. When I hide the Bio, CPU goes to normal again. Please help. Thanks.

Just checked IE7. Same problem... iexplore.exe running at ~95% too.

Checked two PCs, both about the same stats. With slideshow running, firefox.exe uses ~950,000K memory. Normally about +/- 155,000K
    Nothing new - it's a known problem if you set your sliedshow splash parameter to none. Either remove the splash parameter or supply a photo (url) to be used as the splash image.

--- Denise
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    Fixed!
    Nothing new - it's a known problem if you set your sliedshow splash parameter to none. Either remove the splash parameter or supply a photo (url) to be used as the splash image.

--- Denise
    Denise, your assistance is always a pleasure to receive. Yep, that fixed the problem. I removed my splash pic the a couple of days ago. Now that I have one back in place, my CPU usage for firefox.exe is only using ~212,000K. Thanks again! iloveyou.gif
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    robertleerobertlee Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    Bio slideshow problems
    I'm having problems with my Bio slideshow.
    In Internet explorer the slide show freezes up about
    90% of the time; after 4-10 slides. When I go to a
    gallery and back to the Bio slideshow is it is black.

In Firefox; it works much better but freezes occasionally.
    2 other friends have advised that they are having the
    same problem when viewing my site.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.

Thanks

www.rlsimaging.com

agallia wrote:
    Denise, your assistance is always a pleasure to receive. Yep, that fixed the problem. I removed my splash pic the a couple of days ago. Now that I have one back in place, my CPU usage for firefox.exe is only using ~212,000K. Thanks again! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    robertlee wrote:
    I'm having problems with my Bio slideshow.
    In Internet explorer the slide show freezes up about
    90% of the time; after 4-10 slides. When I go to a
    gallery and back to the Bio slideshow is it is black.

In Firefox; it works much better but freezes occasionally.
    2 other friends have advised that they are having the
    same problem when viewing my site.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.

Thanks

www.rlsimaging.com
    I've told Smugmug what I think is causing it and even sent them log files from your slideshow. It's up to them to decide if they want to fix it. I can't tell from their responses how likely it is that it will get looked at soon.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    I've told Smugmug what I think is causing it and even sent them log files from your slideshow. It's up to them to decide if they want to fix it. I can't tell from their responses how likely it is that it will get looked at soon.
    headscratch.gif I got your email, let you know, and our guys have the info. If you're talking about that -Medium sorta url thing.

If you're talking about the 100% CPU Thing, I posted on Dgrin here to you, that our guys have it as a todo.

Dunno what more I can say ne_nau.gif

wave.gif morning John!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    headscratch.gif I got your email, let you know, and our guys have the info. If you're talking about that -Medium sorta url thing.

If you're talking about the 100% CPU Thing, I posted on Dgrin here to you, that our guys have it as a todo.

Dunno what more I can say ne_nau.gif

wave.gif morning John!
    What Robert wants to know is when is his slideshow going to start working properly again?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question