edited May 27, 2005 in People
What are YOU looking at?

22901837-L.jpg
Tina Folsom :lust
Photographer and Mom of Four!

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Looks like nice even lighting Tina, It doesn't have that "flash" look at all.

I may need to get one of these, let me know how you like it once you have used it a bit.
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    Looks like nice even lighting Tina, It doesn't have that "flash" look at all.

I may need to get one of these, let me know how you like it once you have used it a bit.

I agree 15524779-Ti.gif Super natural looking lighting and color with no ugly flash shadow. clap.gifclap.gif

Nice shot of a cute kid too. :D

Susan
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Nice picture. I have had good success with my LS2, hope you do as well.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    Lovely shot.. I think I would have bumped up the contrast just a tad but then I often overdo it.. rolleyes1.gif
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    edited
    The first picture I posted was straight off the camera...this is after a bit of editing. Added some contrast for Lynn ;)

This face he made was because he was trying to figure out what the heck the lightsphere was...it isn't small is it? :D I am still trying to figure out how to make it stay on right.

22946942-L.jpg
    T4Tots wrote:
    I am still trying to figure out how to make it stay on right.
    I find the best way is to put the gasket on the flash first, then try and slip the LS over without bending the gasket up too much.

I can usually get it pretty secure but it sometimes takes a couple of goes.

For events where I'm using it for a long time, I use some electrical tape, just to be on the safe side.
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Thanks...I think I have figured out how to get it secure for the short term use. I may have to go the electrical tape route on my long days out using it.

I sure have gotten some strange looks with it! I was out shooting an 18 mth old with it and someone from a distance saw me and came up just to figure out what was on my camera. She said she thought I had put a balloon on my camera to keep the little girl entertained Laughing.gif
    I have had no problems with the fit of my LS2 on my 550EX. It fits very snug one way and slips on easily the other way (just as the instructions say), so it's obviously not symetrical. Hopefully over time it will continue to stay snug and not stretch (but I have added electrical tape to my bag of goodies that I pack!)

Brad
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    digismile wrote:
    I have had no problems with the fit of my LS2 on my 550EX. It fits very snug one way and slips on easily the other way (just as the instructions say), so it's obviously not symetrical. Hopefully over time it will continue to stay snug and not stretch (but I have added electrical tape to my bag of goodies that I pack!)

Brad
    On my SB800 (yes I am one of those evil Nikonians) I have found that I simply didn't put it on snug enough, i.e. I was to gentle with the flash. Here is my method.

I put the gasket 40% of the way on the flash
    I put the LS-II 100% down the way of the gasket (so it meets the flange)
    I then slide the whole assembly down the flash, until the gasket is firmly all the way past the face of the flash. This takes more force then I at first was comfortable with, but once mounted like this, it is NOT going anywhere, and can stand some minor bumps and manuevres.

FWIW, YMMV,

XO,

btw I LOVE my LS-II, it is easily the BEST $40 I ever spend on camera gear.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com